How much time will you spend watching The Olympics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spalding12, Aug 7, 2008.

1. 11:09 AM in Beijing
    the opening ceremonies will begin in 8 hours

so....
    how much do YOU plan on watching THE OLYMPICS?

with NBC (in the US) running them 24/7 on 5 networks
    and almost every event covered live on the internet.... for free
    www.nbcolympics.com

there's plenty to see
    what about YOU?

2. Too much! I love the Summer Olympics.

3. I'd like to say I'm planning on watching a lot, but I doubt I will. Television just doesn't hold a great appeal to me anymore.

4. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    Absolutely no time watching them at all. Sports are a fine subject to photograph. Other than that, I would not watch them for any reason.

5. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    I forgot they were even on...

6. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Oh the Olympics start? Where are they being held this year?

7. I'll watch as much as I can, but I'm not going to let it take time from other things I need to do... although, I do hope they show men's basketball a lot! I need my basketball fix, and it's only August! :tongue:

8. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I'll follow the results via radio but I don't own a television.... nor do I desire one.

9. tamplum

tamplum

Feb 15, 2008
    Sacramento
    I have events I love to watch. Will depend on what shows when...

10. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    My daughters say I have to purchase a real antenna! We love to watch as a family....

11. Not live cause its 8 hour later in Beying.Most events will be nightwork for me.

12. Us, too... no doubt
    not being able to see it "live" does dampen my excitement a bit
    since i can't keep off the internet to find out results, most of the time :frown:

13. I'll check out some events.

14. hmmmmmm
    a bit surprised by the comments so far
    but.... that's what make life interesting and why i asked the question in the first place

15. If it was REAL sport, i might have a look at it from time to time....

.....but the so-called Olympic Games are not anymore -for quite a long time allready- pure sport and only AMATEUR games !

...plus, with all the political fuss -well deserved on not- around it, MY way to desagree with what's going on in the world and the was everybody takes advantage of this event to promote his buziness is to simply ignore them !

...but i reckon it will be difficult: i guess the only way for the next 3 weeks is to rent a few dozen of nice video-movies !

Cheers,
    J-P.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  16. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
    none, i have better things to waste my time on.

17. I have loved the Olympics since I was a kid, and still remember the grand disappointment of boycotts in the 80's.

We typically are not a TV family, I strictly limit what Emilie watches. However, the Olympics will be an exception for us. Since I still spend a fair amount of time feeding himself, I'll have lots of opportunity. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Greg: you are hereby ordered to NOT post spoilers results WITHOUT fair warning in the title!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

18. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I live for the winter olympics

I have never been able to get into summer olympics because all they show is swimming, running, and gymnastics

I hate watching those sports, however I have noticed a few "extra" channels appearing in my cable guide and they appear to be olympics related, so I am hoping to catch some of the more interesting sports instead of the three mentioned earlier in my post

the athletes work their lives for this opportunity, so I wont hold anything circumstances against them

also - the olympics are for the best athletes in the world, I think pros fit into this category provided they are not involved with any illegal performance enhancement

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.