How the 'H' 'E' 'double toothpicks' did this happen

Real Name
Randy
how did we swing back to DX from FX
I swore off DX, said I'd never touch the stuff again, had to have my fx from now on for all those great reasons.
Then along comes this tiny, plastic toy of a camera, the D7100 and my D4 and 2, yes 2, D800's are looking out from the cabinet wondering what the H E double tooth picks happened

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It is an amazing little camera. I have small hands and so I like the size and especially the weight. I know each camera has its own niche but I could not afford/justify 3 cameras sooooo i now own a D4 and D7100 and no longer have a D800 (which I sold to get the new 80-400 lens.) I know some will not understand that but it is working for me. If you would have asked me when I ordered the D7100 if I thought "that" would happen I'd said you were crazy.

Technology advances. I applaud you for your willingness to try out the D7100 after you disliked the D7000 so much.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Technology advances. I applaud you for your willingness to try out the D7100 after you disliked the D7000 so much.
in hindsight I suspect I didn't give the D7K enough time and then there was that 1st day shooting on AF-A and not knowing it:smile:

WILL YOU PLEASE STOP IT...!!! :mad:

I was all settled in my mind... When I upgraded bodies next year I was going to
probably go for a FF, it was settled, done... No more hashing it out over and over
in my head... I'd get a FF and (probably) hang on to the D7k for the crop...

Now you go and open up another can of worms for me...!!!

BTW, just can't beat the quality of those pic's...! :wink:

Real Name
Randy
WILL YOU PLEASE STOP IT...!!! :mad:

I was all settled in my mind... When I upgraded bodies next year I was going to
probably go for a FF, it was settled, done... No more hashing it out over and over
in my head... I'd get a FF and (probably) hang on to the D7k for the crop...

Now you go and open up another can of worms for me...!!!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x234/wizzard0003/BONK.gif

BTW, just can't beat the quality of those pic's...! :wink:
thanks William

hey I'm sitting here w/ $12K in 3 bodies and asking myself how the heck did i get here.....

actually it's not so one sided
the d800 is the supreme LS body because I have to have FX to get real wide.
The D4 is the ultimate sports body and is a killer in low light

But that little d7100 is kicking a$$ right now

1. "**it" happens
2. That is H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks, get it right, buddy
3. The D7000 sucks rocks when it comes to AF, no doubt about it
4. The D800 and D7100 make an incredibly good combo to have "in the bag"

I just hate it when I agree with Randy, just ain't right, no it ain't :wink::wink:

Real Name
Randy
1. "**it" happens

I just hate it when I agree with Randy, just ain't right, no it ain't :wink::wink:
Grumpy old men have a hard time agreeing with anyone, let alone other grumpy old men:smile:

Lucky for me I never had any use/urge to go FF, so the D7100 is as good as it gets.
My only wish would be for a 1/4 inch wider grip and a bigger thumb-rest.

Other than that, the D400 will need to be something spectacular to get a second look from me.

1. "**it" happens

Grumpy old men have a hard time agreeing with anyone, let alone other grumpy old men:smile:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIxNTU4NDI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgwNDQ2._V1._SX450_SY297_.jpg

:biggrin:

"Referral Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIxNTU4NDI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgwNDQ2._V1._SX450_SY297_.jpg" on this server.
Reference #24.47bf3b17.1369774476.24e625f"

Somehow I don't find that humorous, at the very least I ought to be able to see the darned thing.

Now, if you are trying to imply that I bear any resemblance to either of these two very fine folks, I want you to know that I would consider that a huge honor. Not only have I admired their work, but the opportunity to be around Ann Margaret, Oh YEAH!!!!! :biggrin:

"Referral Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIxNTU4NDI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgwNDQ2._V1._SX450_SY297_.jpg" on this server.
Reference #24.47bf3b17.1369774476.24e625f"

Somehow I don't find that humorous, at the very least I ought to be able to see the darned thing.

Now, if you are trying to imply that I bear any resemblance to either of these two very fine folks, I want you to know that I would consider that a huge honor. Not only have I admired their work, but the opportunity to be around Ann Margaret, Oh YEAH!!!!! :biggrin:
Hmmm, works OK for me... :confused:

Try this one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lQp0gSzWq.../warner-image-mptvnet-grumpy-old-men-1993.png

And let's not get started on Ann Margaret...!

I agree with you guys, the D7100 is an incredible camera and it will definately come along with me on my next trip to Africa, but...here we go......:biggrin:
When it comes to doing anything other than long lens work, I still pull out the
D800. There is something about those files that make me smile whenever I open them up..
For long lens work and decent light, I go to the D7100 :biggrin:

I agree with you guys, the D7100 is an incredible camera and it will definately come along with me on my next trip to Africa, but...here we go......:biggrin:
When it comes to doing anything other than long lens work, I still pull out the
D800. There is something about those files that make me smile whenever I open them up..
For long lens work and decent light, I go to the D7100 :biggrin:
I am finding myself agreeing with far too many people in this thread. I think I have to go find another one where I can safely be more disagreeable .... :wink:

Thank you. I was wondering if I made a mistake by getting the D7100 rather than the D600. You just confirmed to me I made the right choice! I love this camera, and it fits my hands just fine. The D600 would have been fine, too. I just don't need a monster size body, or added grip. I have been walking around with the 80-400 (old version which is a bit soft, but fit my budget.) Some day maybe I'll upgrade.

This one is with the kit lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom