Critique How Time Flies

That would actually be pretty easy to do using the control points in Terri's software. Even so, I like the bright, airy look in the background because it complements the mood of joviality that is so evident on the boys' faces.
Isn't it interesting that we all see things so differently. There is no right or wrong solution. Just a lot of neat variations!!

Terri, these are great! I love those boys!

Excellent conversions. I've struggled with B&W conversions on my own portrait photos. I've just never been happy with the skin tones I get. I've only ever had one conversion on my own kids that I liked enough to print.

Terri, these are great! I love those boys!

Excellent conversions. I've struggled with B&W conversions on my own portrait photos. I've just never been happy with the skin tones I get. I've only ever had one conversion on my own kids that I liked enough to print.
I think it's going to take a lot of trial and error and practice. It sure is fun to go back into the old photos. I'm glad you like what I did.

After choosing the ideal color filter, which in the case of Caucasian skin tones would usually be a shade of green, and then choosing the ideal strength of that filter, we still sometimes have to make further adjustments just to the skin tones to get them just right.
On these photos, I found I had to back off on the strength of the green. I just keep practicing. It is very tricky.

I did a couple more of the twins from the same shoot. Their skin looks a little blotchy, but it looks blotchy in color, too. It was cold out and they had red cheeks. Brighton had a scrape on his chin and cheeks, which I removed. I am happy with these. Can't believe these cute little guys are getting deep voices and are as tall or taller than me! I'm just so grateful I had nice camera gear to get these precious photos of them.
_2230866-Edit-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_2230851-Edit-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had nice camera gear to get these precious photos

Ya gotta be kidding me; your skills are so good that you would have gotten nice photos with any equipment that at least allowed you to control the aperture.

In the photo immediately preceding this post, consider toning down the bright stripe in the background "growing" out of the boy's head.

Ya gotta be kidding me; your skills are so good that you would have gotten nice photos with any equipment that at least allowed you to control the aperture.

In the photo immediately preceding this post, consider toning down the bright stripe in the background "growing" out of the boy's head.
Good catch Mike. I missed that! Thank you so much.

Real Name
Dan
It is amazing how quickly the years slip by. That's an awesome image, Terri. IMO the edited version is an improvement. Well done. Some day they will appreciate having a copy.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom