How to auto bracket on a D700.

So I have programmed my camera to take all the images in a bracket by holding one of the function keys.

Is there a way I can set a series of images in a bracket and automatically take all the images without holding a button?

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
Peter

Holding the function key allows you to set the number of frames (2 to 9) and the Interval (1/3, 2/3, 1 stop) using the Command Dial and Sub-Command Dial.

Release the function key.

It is then set until you go through that procedure again to cancel bracketing.

Look at the top LCD and you'll see markers on the scale showing the No. of Frames and the Interval.

Set the drive to Cl or Ch and then press and hold the shutter release.

X number of frames will be taken in quick succession and will stop when the set number of frames have been taken. Take finger off shutter release.

I find that it helps to set e7 to Under>MTR>Over which then gives the series a logical appearance when viewing.

DG

So I have programmed my camera to take all the images in a bracket by holding one of the function keys.

Is there a way I can set a series of images in a bracket and automatically take all the images without holding a button?

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
Peter

I haven't found a way to do this without holding a button but will try to look into it. I normally do exactly what DaveG describes only I use a remote trigger to hopefully minimize vibrations as much as possible.

Thanks, I know the option and all of them to hold it, I just don't know how to without.

A friend did it on his canon rebel and I decided that my camera must be able to do it if that one can.... I have a remote but I plug my gps into the same port as the remote :(

Any help without hold and just pressing a single button would be incredibly helpful :)

I think the "secret" is to select CL or, IME better CH on the thingummy wheel (top left under the ISO etc buttons).

Sorry for my late reply.

For me, it works as follows:

1) In bracketing mode (function key and back wheel) choose your number of pictures, 3, 5, 7 or 9.
Now you have to program the interval timer:

start time: now
Interval: depends on the slowest time necessary, but don't leave it on zero
number of intervals: 1
number of shoots: the same as in 1)

On: OK,
the D700 will wait for three seconds and then start the sequence.

I`ve programmed the depth of field button to be exclusively bracketing. That way the lower button is my multi function button. When the bracketing is on, its on.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom