How to balance a lens on a gimbal head - Steve Perry

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Steve's the man. See Karen, the 600 E isn't THAT big.:)
LOL!
When shooting with Steve, he and I compared the weight of my 500mm lens versus his 600mm lens. Same camera - D5.

His 600mm seemed LIGHTER than my 500mm. We couldn't believe it! We finally decided it must be the balance of the new 600mm...and a few minor differences. For instance, I had an L bracket and he just had a plate. Still.........amazing. Afterwards I checked the specs. The new 600mm is actually the same weight as my old 500mm!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Back when I was shooting all the time, I adjusted all my friends set up. Many never bothered to read their gimbal manuals. Long sigh.....good vid for this visual era of folls who never read. Thanks for sharing Karen.

Real Name
Carl
Interesting video! It might help after initial set up, to put a drop of durable paint at the balance point(S) to aid in subsequent set up. Of course, if you have more than one lens, different color spots would lessen confusion.

Interesting video! It might help after initial set up, to put a drop of durable paint at the balance point(S) to aid in subsequent set up. Of course, if you have more than one lens, different color spots would lessen confusion.
I do that with my tripod legs so it it fast and easy to set up. I'll have to do it to my long lens plate too. Thanks for the idea.

Latest threads

Top Bottom