How to carry my camera...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by sciomako, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I want to carry a D70 + 20/2.8 AF + grad ND filter on Cokin P holder while I'm trekking or skiing.

What's the best agile option for quick access?

2. Holster bags are probably your best bet of compactness and protection. D70 is a strong camera but can't take a beating like a D2 or D200.

3. Thanks chinesetunna. I'll check Holster out.

p.s. I don't want to carry my D200, nor 17-55, etc. I want to see how Galen Rowell's philosophy works out in practice. :)

4. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Kinesis. I have one and when I want to go light, it can do the job. Good protection, some storage and slim.

http://kgear.com/c/

5. Works great - I find myself much more creative when I have limited gear and have to compensate for equipment with my mind rather than digging into the bag trying to "find" the right lens and what not.

Bring a P/S camera too - great for snapshots and very very easy access, also wouldn't mind putting them in harms way since they're so cheap anyways :)

I took this shot below last year while back in China with gf's Sony T5 because I wasn't about to risk my bag of gear in a tiny fishing boat that could capsize at anytime. The LCD finder was actually super useful for the low angle.

[​IMG]

6. wow, great shot, chinesestunna.

7. Thanks Toby. The chest bag looks promising.

8. thanks :) That little Sony surprised me as well