1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How to Create Copyright Symbol?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NewBert, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Can anyone explain to me what key combination creates a copyright symbol (the circle with the 'c' in it) using a laptop?

In Scott Kelby's book - PSE5 for Digital Photographers - he writes that the key combination is Alt + 0169 on the numeric keypad. He adds that for laptops with no numeric keypad (like mine), press and hold the Function Key to access your keypad.

I've tried holding down both the Alt and Function keys together while typing 0169 and all I get is a '?'. On my desktop system, which does have a numeric keypad, Alt + 0169 just results is a small 'o'.

I'm trying to create a new watermark and want to lead it with the copyright symbol. I would like to use either PSE5 or ACDSee Pro2 to do it, if possible.

Thanks!

2. Hmmm, holding Alt+FN while typing 0169 on the faux-keypad works fine on the laptop I'm using right now.

You could instead go to start menu / accessories / system tools /character map, find the copyright symbol, then copy and paste it, instead of trying to type it.

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I believe you ©an just ©opy and paste it, ©an't you?

4. "option g" on a Mac . . .

©

Eric

5. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA

Thats what I use on my dell laptop too.

6. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

What about using NumLock on your laptop then Alt+0169 (from the 'numlock'ed numeric keys, not the ones on the top row) "©" appears on my Thinkpad that way.

7. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Here is what you need to know.

You need to set the 'numbers lock' to use the numbers on the keyboard, not the regular numbers.
    You might have to hold the Fn key down while you press the numbers lock key.
    My numbers lock key is set with the 'Scroll' key.
    So Fn+Scroll locks my numbers. Then Alt-0169.

Don't forget to unlock your numbers when your done :eek: 

8. AdamC

AdamC Guest

On windows I just go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. It brings up a handy grid with all of the characters and then just cut and paste whatever you want.

9. I was vaguely aware of the character map, but never needed it before. Thanks for pointing it out, and thanks to all for your suggestions.

10. Glad you posted the question Bert, I guess this was my learn something new each day thing:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.