How to down size to A 800X600 Jpeg in NX2

I am trying to get an 800X600 Jpeg size from a raw file in NX2.26 to upload to a photo sharing site. I cannot seem to be able to get one that small . Any help would be welcomed. How much will that amount of compression deteriorate the image TAzz

Last edited by a moderator:
1/ You need to convert your raw into jpg.

2/ Do you have any image processing software such as Photoshop or Lightroom? If you have photoshop, there is an automated module in Photoshop that can help you to reduce your photo sizes to 800x600. It is in File > Automate (I am not 100% sure, I do not have my Photoshop available right now)

I am trying to get an 800X600 Jpeg size from a raw file in NX2.26 to upload to a photo sharing site. I cannot seem to be able to get one that small . Any help would be welcomed. How much will that amount of compression deteriorate the image TAzz
No problem doing it in CNX2, including as a batch process. The output is excellent. I do it routinely.

I saved a settings file which: Resizes ("Fit Photo"), sharpens ("Unsharp Mask", slightly) and sets the colour space to sRGB ("Colour Profile - Convert to Profile"). Save as JPG.

I have the JPG quality setting set to max. You can reduce that if you want smaller file sizes, but lower quality.

Works well. Good Luck.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Open the RAW in CNX2
2. Edit > Size/Resolution
3. Change the File size to 800x600
4. Save As > File Type Drop Down > Select .jpg

You might have to do a 1a step where you crop it to an 800x600 since the native size will end up 800x531 (or thereabouts).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom