How to find out how many clicks on camera?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SCRacer, Jul 15, 2007.

1. SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    How do you find out how many clicks total are on your camer? On my camera I have never reset the photo counter but I want to find out for sure how many clicks have been taken on my camera.

Thanks in advance. I may be new to this forum but it's awesome and you guys are great.
  2. fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    if you have a camera other than the D1-series and D100, download opanda's EXIF viewer . one of the fields shows the shutter count.

3. kilm53

kilm53 Guest

I am on another forum and a membere wrote this small programme:

It is easy to install and use and works fine on my D50 and D200, although he wrote it for his D70 at the time so it should be ok for you..gets abetter reading than exif..its more accurate for the shutter and if you reset counter number the number of shutter clicks will not change..

Hope it works for you and it helps..

4. SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    Thanks. Peter I used that one and it works like a charm. :)
  5. Peter, can you ask this person to write a similar application for OSX?:tongue:
  6. Hi,

I've heard of a software called 'reveal' (freeware, available at which should work fine on OS X.

May be it helps ...

7. Mattes, thanks for your help. Actually I do have an application called EXIF viewer that tells you the camera click count too. But in addition to it, it displays all the rest of the EXIF info. I figured a small app. that just tells you the click count would be nice. But thanks anyhow.