1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

how to get pics to look like this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bubz, Jun 26, 2007.

1. bubz

bubz

Jul 5, 2006
    Oklahoma City, OK
    like the glossy effect?

i know its not the camera.. any ideas?

P1050133.
    DMC-LX1    ---    6mm    f/4.0    1/125s    ISO 80

P1050148.
    DMC-LX1    ---    6mm    f/4.0    1/250s    ISO 80

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi travis-

you can start by waxing the car :wink: in general, a clean car helps a lot with getting that glossy look. lighting also helps, it looks like it was taken on an overcast day with diffused light.

at that small an image size, even a dirty car can look clean.

ricky

3. Seems to me near sundown is when cars have that liquid look.

4. bubz

bubz

Jul 5, 2006
    Oklahoma City, OK
    yah i kinda figured it was those things.. but wasnt sure if there was a photoshop trick, or something.

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    You should contact Chris ( aka littlewing6283 ) about that , he should help you for sure :wink:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Take to retouching forum and ask Ray, Chip Springer, Banduts and there is anothe fella doing the illustrator effect.
    They can lead you in the right direction
    or
    Go to DPR and search i. thier retouching forum and search Illustrator look and there are tutorials and examples

7. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I don't see too much PP if any, just a clean car at a good angle to the sun.

8. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
  9. Clean car, good light plus enhancing the dark tones helps get that glossy look. And in the case of t5hose pictures, I would say bright sunlight and about -8 to -11 on the dark tones. (But what do I know... :smile:) 

10. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Waxed car, overcast day, evening or morning. In photoshop try out the burn "overall" burn option. Really can do a number on sheet metal to making it look MUCH cleaner than it really does.

11. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    Looks like shadow/highlight also.

12. I don't know where these particular pictures came from but a lot of the glossy car ads these days are cgi. The surroundings are often real but the car isn't. They are so good at it I find it disturbing. How long before nothing we see in print or on the screen can be trusted?

13. ckdamascus

ckdamascus

May 14, 2005
    New Jersey
    Reality sucks. Photography isn't about capturing reality.

14. Logan

Logan Guest

i think to me it looks like HDR.

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Start with a good paint job, compound the whole car and finish with a good carnuba wax or synthetic gloss like zaino

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.