How to make a link appear...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaunK, Jul 28, 2008.

1. with the words I want it to say... I remember seeing something about this long ago, but it's since disappeared... I think it's high time to put my Flickr link in my siggy! Anyone help me? Thanks!

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I am sure some one knows. I am tagging along for the answer also

3. Code:
    URL="http://www.flickr.com"]Flickr[/URL
    and just put a [ at the front and a ] at the end and replace the url with yours and the word Flickr with whatever you want the link to say

4. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Show off! :biggrin:

By the way, Tom. Thank you so much for your wisdom in a completely different thread on how to make Capture NX work faster and without crashing all the time. Mine's worked like a charm ever since following your instructions.

As for this thread, I've wondered how to do this too. Glad to find out how!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. It's easier than that, and can be done automatically.

When you use the link button, and then click ok, the first thing you want to do is type the words you want linked.

Like this: Nikon Cafe

If you notice, after you hit OK, the address you just entered is typed twice, and one of them is highlighted. When you start typing, the highlighted text is replaced with the words that will become the link.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    When you are creating a thread or replying to a thread, you will notice a globe with an icon resembling an "8" on it's side beneath the white smiley face. So, begin typing whatever you wish to type and when you get to the word that you want your link behind, click on that globe, then paste your link on the line then click OK. Then type the words that you want to cover the link....then move the cursor to the right and out of the brackets. That should do it.

7. Oh ya, there is another way to do it you can type the words you want linked first, then highlight them, then click the world with chain link icon that Frank mentioned, type in the URL (or paste) and click ok. The text that you had highlighted at the start of the process will become linked. Then move your cursor to the end manually, or push the "end" key and start typing more if you so desire.

8. Is that still how I would do it in my signature?

9. But he wants it in his signature line. Won't you have to do for each thread the way you and Frank suggested ?

10. OH! I totally missed that you want to put it in your signature. I think tom's method is the only way.

11. Great, except I don't quite understand Tom's way! :redface:

12. Thanks, Tom... step-by-step is just what a dummy like me needed! I think it worked! :smile:

13. hey now - that's what I said originally :( was that really hard to understand?

14. I'm sure it was... but for me, yes! :redface: Sorry!