How to practice Panning! (1 photo)

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by cajun angel, May 12, 2007.

1. !rst step, the grandma and grandpa up in MI send Joshua (b-day boy tomorrow) a remote controle helicopter for his birthday.
    2nd step, get it fixed up with batteries and charged up
    3rd step, daddy has to play with it to get it wroking right
    4th step, grab camera and start panning! Talk about erratic flying! This will really make a pro outta ya!

495524087_625918a427_b.

2. Ah, Dianne! All that previous experience in shooting the bikes is paying off! You definitely have the hang of panning!

3. LOL, COnnie if you could see how many pics I took before I got this one! Everytime the kid plays with it, I'm gonna practice panning! It's a cute toy and I hope it will last a while! Thanks for looking!

4. Hahahaha, that'll keep ya busy! :smile:

5. ain't that the truth! That little thing can really fly!

6. outt3n

outt3n

Apr 24, 2007
    Houston, TX
    haha thats a pretty clever idea, and that picture is pretty darn crisp gj, now i guess i need to go out and practice this myself

7. Well, I first started panning with practicing on my hubby jumping his atv or his dirtbike. Then last summer, I panned my first birds in flight in AL at the get together. Since then it's been the dirtbikers but haven't had much practice lately. Today, it was just too good to pass up! That little helicopter is good practice! One caution though, it's so irratic, I thought I'd get dizzy! :eek: :Shocked: :biggrin:

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Oh, I want one now. Looks very 3D...nice shot.

9. Thanks Joshua! LOL, Joshua is my son's name that's having th B-day and baptizism tomorrow! I know the grandparents got the little toy at Walmart up in MI. It wasn't exactly what I would call a "cheap" toy - we saw the price tag :redface: $30. I thought I'd go dizzy panning with that little thing too! But it was fun practice and I'm sure I'll do some more!

10. This is a panning shot?

11. Yeppers! That little thing doesn't hover! The flight pattern is very irratic. And yes, I was getting a little dizzy trying to follow that toy around!