How to present animated sequences? (1MB file)

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by MontyDog, May 6, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Outstanding MontyDog !!!!!!!

Truely outstanding. Both the gif and flash files are perfect given their size limitations.

YES, EXCELLENT, WOW, FANTASTIC, PHAT !!!!!!

in other words....very nicely done !

Regards

3. Paul

I have no experience of these matters and can offer no advice.

But I love the opening orchid pic!

4. That is really, really, really cool. Another reason to buy a D2x, Arrrgh!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Searching for a Sugar Daddy to pay off credit cards...lolol

Stop that D2x thing Janet.

6. I think that's the most impressive post I've ever seen.

7. Paul, I find both animations super fantastic! :shock:

BTW, RFC is that a bikini on your avatar???
    :-D

8. Hey girls, be nice to eachother or santa won't bring any 2x for you... :lol:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Paul - very nice sequence. It's true that animations take up a lot of file space. Some formats allow a lot of compression, like Quicktime, but the most compressive are also the most lossy.

I usually go for the gif, although the pixelated dithering isn't always attractive. I took your file and reduced it to 64 colors and from 360 to 300 pixels wide. This bought back about half the file size. One thing to consider, the smaller the gif, the smoother the animation.

This sequence is very nice though. Consider if you want to give up any quality in the name of ease of downloading.

10. Paul,

This animation is very nice. I really never dabbled into animation but when I was practicing, I used PSP's animation tool.

I was wondering how long did it take for you to get the pictures you needed to make this and how many pictures are there put together?

Did you shoot the flower everyday until it fully bloomed?

Thanks,

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

13. Monty, thanks for posting this. I am very impressed and therefore have one more thing to add to my 'Got To Get Around To Trying This' list.

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Paul, there's another way to get the file size down in a gif, and that's to turn off dithering. Choose some color set other than Restricted (Web) and it will shrink by half or more. This method is very dependant on the image though.

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

16. Paul,

Thank you for taking your time to explain this. The part I wasn't sure about was if you stayed up all night to take pictures one at a time. I am still learning about the X and I didn't get as far with the interval timing. To be very honest and dumb, I didn't know that the X could do this. So happy I found one more thing out about this camera. I'm just using it for shooting pictures and nothing fancy.

I'm pleased you posted this because you wouldn't never know what a great response you got.

Again, thank you and if you happen to know the timing of a rose opening up fully, please let me know. I would like to give this a try.