How to tell if ACR 3.2 is loading correctly?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by icetraxx, Sep 29, 2005.

1. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    The reason that I am asking is when the ACR conversion window comes up the camera profile under the Calibration tab shows ACR3.1.
    Help a little confused,
    Larry

2. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    Try Ctrl-K and look at what it says in the title of the Preferences window. Probably the camera profile has not been updated since 3.1.

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    In Photoshop look under Help -> About Plugin for Camera RAW and check the version number it reports.

4. What if you have both versions listed under help?

Can I delete the 3.0? :Unsure:

Thanks,

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes - delete old Camera Raw versions by putting a tilde (~) in front of the plug-in name. Photoshop does not load plugins that start with a tilde.

6. Chris,
    Where do I insert the ~?

I not sure where to do this. :redface:
    Thanks,

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Locate the active plugins, it's location depends on if you are using a PC or Mac. (On a Mac, it's in [top level] > Libraries > Application Support > Adobe > CS2 > Plugins > File Format > Camera Raw. On a PC ... ?) Then just add a tilde as the first character of the file name for the plugin, so it becomes ~Camera Raw. Then only the 3.2 plugin will be loaded by Photoshop next time it starts up.

Or you could just delete the old plugin, but I never delete them ... "just in case".

8. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the help. I forgot about the help about. The only one running is the ACR 3.2. However it is still showing ACR3.1 under the camera profile in the calibrate tab. Maybe it is just a fluke.
    Thanks again,
    Larry

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I think that's normal. Shows 3.1 on mine also (and I know that 3.2 is running).

10. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    That basically just tells you what version of the software was used to create the internal camera profile, in other words what version of ACR added support for your camera.