How to test a used D200?

Hello everyone -

Few months ago, my son accidentally kicked the tripod on which my old D200 was sitting. :frown: The fall resulted in breaking the camera (it stays on all the time and most of the controls are locked in the fall position).

Anyway... Since I don't need much fire power :smile: I've got myself another D200 from KEH (EX+) and would like your input on how would you go about testing the camera before admitting her to the stable :).

Thanks!

Not sure I understand your question. if you are replacing a D200 that you had previously it should be pretty straight forward to know if the one from KEH is a keeper.. Take a bunch of pictures using all your lenses and you should know pretty quickly if something is not what you expect...

Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.... yes, of course I intend to put her through some work. I was thinking more about electronics / flash / and stuff like that. I was wondering if there is some diagnostics etc.

Real Name
Chris
I don't think there is any set diagnostic that folks without specialized test equipment can do. Just set up some pics where a flash, etc., failure would be evident. Take some pictures of a white card with the flash and look at the auto WB temperature. Any yellowing of the flash could portend advanced age. If the flash looks good, autofocus is quick and accurate, and the exposure is good for both bright and dim f-stop/shutter speed combinations through the entire range, then it's a keeper. If it gets brighter or dimmer at either end of the shutter speed scale, then the shutter may be beginning to tire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Chris! Very helpful

I don't think there is any set diagnostic that folks without specialized test equipment can do. Just set up some pics where a flash, etc., failure would be evident. Take some pictures of a white card with the flash and look at the auto WB temperature. Any yellowing of the flash could portend advanced age. If the flash looks good, autofocus is quick and accurate, and the exposure is good for both bright and dim f-stop/shutter speed combinations through the entire range, then it's a keeper. If it gets brighter or dimmer at either end of the shutter speed scale, then the shutter may be beginning to tire.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom