how to uninstall Nikon Capture 4.3?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Scott Sherman, Jun 18, 2005.

1. I am using a Mac with OS 10.4.1 Tiger.

Okay, I have finally made the decision to use PS CS2 and Bridge for my entire workflow. I have been using NC and PS CS2 and find Adobe to be better for me.

My question is this... I have the disk for NC 4.0 but I have updated the application to 4.3 using the Nikon website downloads. When I try to use the disk to unistall, it will not work. There seems not to be an uninstall option in the download version, unless I am just missing something.

Can anyone help me with a suggestion on how to make a safe uninstall of Nikon Capture 4.3. I would certainly appreciate it. I assume that it is not just a matter of dragging the icon to the trash or they would not have an uninstall option on the disk.

Thank you

2. Scott, for starters you should upgrade from 4.0 to 4.3 through ALL the current upgrade versions (4.1, 4.2)... If you skipped these you won't be able to run the 4.3 version or you will be asked to insert a new product key which was supplied with the 4.2 version. 8)

There's NO safe unistall proccedure for 4.3 You just have to unistall it and then install 4.0, 4.1, 4.2... :roll:

FYI, Nikon claims that the new product key is not absolutely necessary and you will be getting the "trial version for 30 days" message up until the 30 days are gone and then the message goes off, and your life on as usual... :?

3. Thsnk you for replying Panos. I have NC 4.3 which is working properly and was installed as you described. My problem is that I no longer want it on my computer. I want to remove it and all it's related files without effecting any other programs on my computer. It seems a bit pervasive and if I just drag it off, it could be aproblem or it might not be entirely removed. There is an uninstall option on the 4.0 disk. It does not seem to work with 4.3.in Tiger

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Start ...Programs...See it has its own uninstaller :>))

5. I don't have a start button on Mac. I think that works with Windows only. Or is there something I am still missing?

Thanks for the reply

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Need to fin the program and use the uninstall.. Unless mac version doesnt install that option on a mac.

Some type if file manager??? Get to the program files.