How Weather tight is a D2H ... (pic)

Greetings All:
I was looking at my D2H today wondering how I could make it more "Weather tight".
I know it's good for a few rain drops and a couple bangs or two.... But what if one really wants to expose it to some down right nasty weather....
Here are a couple images to let you know what I mean.... Do you think my D2H can handle this type of thing"

46165599.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 11908

View attachment 11909

View attachment 11910

View attachment 11911

Now before anyone goes off the deep end.... These were sent to me by my Father-and-law and I did not take them.

Real Name
Chris
Oh man! Yep, I was about to go off the deep end! I've watched Twister half a dozen times just for the funnel shots (I mean the acting isn't that good) and this kind of stuff would really make my millenium.

Art, as you all know, is dangerous.

OMG the hair on the back of my neck stood up so where were these taken I dont think u have to worry about rain the impact after being lifted in 300mph winds is what would concern me

Doug;

Those are some wonderful shots of a nasty looking storm! Where was it?

As for the weather tight-ness of a camera, I think it's a moot point. I'd be taking my family, Nikon D(fill in the blank), and anything I could quickly cram in the car and drive as fast as I could away from that.

But thanks for sharing them.

Brian

The most impressive picture I have ever seen. When i look at the one with the shining sun, the only that comes to mind is ET call home.

Thanks everyone....
The images were taken in southern Ontario Canada.
Coming from a guy who has spent many hours / days chasing storms.... All you do it click the photo and run like hell. Then hope you remembered to get your lighting and focus lock at least close..... :lol: :lol:

Talk about fury.... Those are probably the most intense weather images that I have ever seen. Ask your Father-in-Law how long it took before his heart rate went below 100 beats per minutes after shooting those images.

P.S. - I would sacrifice my D2H for pictures like that.

Oh my gosh Doug, is there anything you don't do well. Those images kick butt. I have never seen better storm cloud shots anywhere. You da man!!

P.S. - I would sacrifice me D2H for images like that.

Holey (*&*&%^%$

Fantastic images for sure.

Would I stay and get a photo.. Well yeah, probably would.

Camera in hand....No fear..

but like you said... run like (*&^*&%

thank you so much for sharing.

gho

Holy cow! That's one helluva storm!

But as far as what the D2h can handle, mine's been splashed with salt water, then run under stream of fresh water and still worked like a charm.

It's not waterproof, but quite resistent to just about any splash.

The issue is not your body, but your lense. Nikon lenses are not weather-sealed and my lenses fog up if they get wet, then you have to wait forever for it to dry out and clear up.

Real Name
Chris
gho said:
Nikon lenses are not weather-sealed and my lenses fog up if they get wet, then you have to wait forever for it to dry out and clear up.

Try a hair dryer, or if you are out in civilization, a bathroom hand dryer. Works wonders, but aim it at the sides of the lens, not the glass.

Phenomenal shots, Doug!!! Next time your FIL wants to go storm chasing, have him call me!!! I LOVE extreme weather and I'm also a very good driver, so he can shoot all he wants out the window while we bomb down country roads *LOL*
Those are incredible shots!!!!! I love 'em!

Are you trying to impress any of us Doug ...

Well, it worked with me ...

Jesus God, how in the world were you able to get so close to the storm ?

Really enigmatic omages, those could be sold to the gouv.ca

Latest threads

Top Bottom