Share How will you celebrate your COVID-19 vaccination?

Please share your plans about how you will or how you did celebrate your COVID-19 vaccination. It doesn't matter whether the commemoration is relatively small or large or how many different celebrations you enjoy. Also please feel free to share photos of the occasions.

Last edited:
Once I was vaccinated, I got two little items out of my system -- eating a Reuben sandwich made by my local deli (only the second time I ordered takeout from a restaurant since the pandemic began) and eating a shredded beef burrito with rice and refried beans at my favorite Tex Mex restaurant (the first time I ate at a restaurant since the pandemic began).

After my wife is vaccinated this Sunday, we'll enjoy a special meal at home selected by her of venison in raspberry sauce and a side of sweet potato wedges generously sprinkled with chili seasoning. I photographed the wine yesterday and posted it at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/lighting-that-fits-the-wine.327272/

I got my vaccination on the very first round, second shot 1/11.
My wife was a little later, second shot in late February. Two weeks to the day after her 2nd shot, we went out to a very small restaurant on the beach for dinner. Only had 6 tables and for most of our meal we were the only ones there. I was surprised how nice it was to be out of the house. We have gone out for dinner one other time, again a small restaurant and early enough they were not busy. Otherwise we really haven’t changed anything. I was truly hoping I would open up more, but at least locally our numbers are going the wrong way.
Gary

Primovaccinated here with AZ. Second shot due in 3 weeks (UK spreads inocculation 12-13 weeks apart).
Several family members fully vaccinated already.
Zoom call to celebrate, low profile. Still in lockdown.
No change expected.

Canada has no manufacturing capacity for vaccines. As such, we don't have a secure supply. My wife and I have an appointment for 1st dose in 2 weeks, with 2nd dose late August. Not much will change for us, while so many Canadians are not vaccinated.

i’ve been fully vaccinated since around mid february. I don’t recall doing anything different, although the risks are reduced I knew I could still get Covid. My wife is still doing chemo, and only recently got cleared for her first shot and I did not want to bring Covid home. I live on a street with 9 houses, all but one house is occupied by retirees. Two people on my street got Covid, and listening to their descriptions of how sick it made them has is a very scary scenario. One guy was on a ventilator for over a week. This is not something I am willing to play Russian roulette with.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I had dinner with a couple at a restaurant (Clyde's at Mark Center, for those who know the area) last Saturday, two weeks after my second Pfizer. I wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea, but my friends, who have also reached maximum vaccine protection, wanted very much to do this. The husband, an old friend and former colleague whom I've known for 40+ years, is ill and frail, and has been undergoing chemotherapy. He was eager to get out and enjoy himself now that he has been vaccinated. It's not clear to me how much protection the vaccine gives to those who are immunocompromised, but I didn't raise the question, and I wanted to contribute to his enjoyment of life at this point. We had a pleasant evening, though the restaurant was less than half-full, and it was somewhat depressing remembering how lively it used to be pre-Covid.

Now that I have maximum protection (but not complete protection, of course), I'm feeling more comfortable going to grocery stores and even dispensing with a mask in outdoor settings where I'm not in close contact with anyone else. I may try outside seating at restaurants, but I'm not sure I want to spend time inside. Pre-Covid I used to enjoy sitting at the bar when eating in a restaurant, but you can't do that here, and, as I discovered last Saturday, the atmosphere in half-deserted restaurants is not particularly convivial. I've picked up take-out all through the past twelve months, and I'll continue to do that.

Last edited:
Once we were both vaccinated and waited for full immunity to kick in, we took a road trip down to the Rio Grande Valley. It was a relief to be able to go somewhere other than doctors' offices and hospitals for the both of us. Granted on the trip, we still complied with mask restrictions, stayed away from crowds and used hand sanitizers after any stop we made. But that only makes sense.

We celebrated my wife’s birthday, but this time with family that could come. A year of just the 2 of us for birthdays and holidays was tough.

While I have a home gym setup, I don't have enough weights to hit my prime rep deadlift. Once fully vaccinated I plan on returning to my local commercial gym (while still adhering to safety protocols) so I can reach my 500 lbs. deadlift. Last year during the shutdown, I was able to prime rep 485 lbs. and since then, probably lost about 5 pounds of muscle even though I've been working out at home. It's something I want to check off my to-do list!

Fully vaccinated here -- after the two weeks were up post-second jab, the only thing special I did was to have a glass of my favorite beer, Stella Artois (I enjoy it only on various holidays and special occasions). No changes of my usual routine: still wearing masks when going out, still using hand sanitizer and washing hands frequently, still staying at home pretty much most of the time, no big trips planned. Eventually I will do a few local shooting excursions as time goes on and the weather continues to get warmer and nicer.

Latest threads

Top Bottom