How would you crop/edit this?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by rocketliv, Jul 25, 2008.

1. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I think this could be an adorable photo but its just too much clutter right now. Any thoughts on how I could improve the composition by cropping? I am open to how I could have improved it before I took the photo as well.

DSC_0085-1.gif

2. Liv, Nice photo.

If you don't mind, here's a try.

2702634294_b217292b71.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  3. Thanks Peano, my thoughts exactly.

4. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    I'd try something like this...

100709085.gif

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ok here is my take on it. For some reason the colors just looked flat to me. As you can see the tree has some green moss (or whatever that is that grows on the tree other than leaves)...all I did was just highlight some of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  6. i like this crop the best.... opening up the side of the frame to where she is looking

7. Liv....
    if you could post a LARGER version of the original image.... the cropped version here would be far higher quality

8. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Here it is larger

DSC_0085-2.gif

9. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

All of these are great ideas! I like the texture and the green that you brought out in the tree!! I am still working on my masking skills and will try what you've all suggested.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I'd do John's crop and color somewhere between John and Seneca.

11. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Okay, here it is sharpened, reduced noise, masked her out and masked the entire background to add texture to the tree and cropped. I also tried to make the bubbles pop a bit more. I am not sure its any different though!?!

BEFORE
    DSC_0085-1.gif

AFTER
    View attachment 226591