Howl at the moon

Just for fun...
Too bad that it was a bit of a hazy evening. I have to do this again, winter would probably be a better season.

D2x, Nikkor Ai 400mm f/3.5 + TC-201
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice Frits. I was setting up to do this last night but my little one woke up early and wanted to be fed. I've only got one break in the treeline where I can get a picture of the moom at this time of year. By the time he was back in bed I had missed my window. I'm going to try going for a drive tonight and find a spot to try this. I'm not sure what I'll get with the 300mm f/4 and the 1.7 TC but I'm going to give it a try.

Hi, Frits!

Nice image of the moon. I assume that you had to crop to a good extent on this. Have you tried other celestial objects? You probably need some tracking, such a telescope mount with motor drive, or a barn door tracker you can use by hand. The Andromeda would be perfectly imaged with your rig.

I am a bit jealous, you seem to have nice clear skies. We have had smoke-obscured skies for the last week or so, due to Florida, and Georgia fires. I hope that rain will come soon to our area, as well as to the fire-sticken areas of the South. We are terribly dry here.

Nice image of the moon. I assume that you had to crop to a good extent on this. Have you tried other celestial objects? You probably need some tracking, such a telescope mount with motor drive, or a barn door tracker you can use by hand. The Andromeda would be perfectly imaged with your rig.

I am a bit jealous, you seem to have nice clear skies. We have had smoke-obscured skies for the last week or so, due to Florida, and Georgia fires. I hope that rain will come soon to our area, as well as to the fire-sticken areas of the South. We are terribly dry here.

Thanks Joe, nice to "see" you!
It is cropped somewhat, but not that much. The 400mm + 2X TC gives quite a bit of reach. When aiming at the moon at this combined focal length you can indeed see it move through the viewfinder - it does not stand still!
But for me this is just a casual fun shot, not worth it for me to invest in tracking equipment.

G

GastheerG

Frits it´s not your most creative work but technical its ok. Fine combination of "old" but very good Nikkor glass.

Latest threads

Top Bottom