How's my skin color?

Discussion in 'People' started by Chris101, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

This is an out-take of an ad for the artist who made the necklace. I want the model's skin to contrast the colors of the glass piece, not compete with it. So I'm trying for a light pink hue, but within the scale of real skin. And I don't want any nasty magenta or green in it!

I used the same setup and processing as the 'Girl with Chicken' (https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=2765#2765) that I posted a couple days ago, but with twice as much flash in the ratio and my new 'tough girl' model

So any help with the color (or anything else for that matter!) will be welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Very interesting treatment on the girl. Choping into her head like that definitely demphasizes her. Her skin has some nice pink tones to it but also a little magenta. Perhaps you could desaturate it a bit more; hopefully without losing the color in the necklace. You might try to lose the bra straps as they do compete for attention because they are the lightest thing in the picture. I would also tone down her ear a bit. Nicely done Chris.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Gordon - I'll work on the magenta (widen the magenta selection maybe, cause I DID a desaturate magenta on it already!) but the straps are there for punk appeal, I guess. :?

Oh, I dunno if it's psychological, but I'm cutting into a lot of heads with my artistic stuff lately...