How's this for a portrait?

Took me 2 attempts but finally got it. Hope I did a good job. Critique if you please.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Does not look bad at all really. The dress is not blown out, however the face and overall image could be a tad sharper and an increase in exposure.

You might want to try to reduce the shadows at the eyes. I'm also find the tree in the background somewhat distracting, but there may be little you can do about that in post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You might want to try to reduce the shadows at the eyes. I'm also find the tree in the background somewhat distracting, but there may be little you can do about that in post.
Nicely done Dianne. I would also clone out the little flower behind her behind.
Thanks guys! I"m taking my time in what I'm doing. Just be patient with me - I've taken note and will work on both suggestions. My processing skills are very weak but I'm working on them! :biggrin:

Dianne, I think you did a great job.
One suggestion, next time ask the bride to place her feet in the position below. It works for me every time. Even with a large group like the entire wedding party, it works.
Have her place the heel of one foot perpendicular to the ankle of the other foot. The front foot should point toward the camera.
My crude illustration shows the feet for her facing to her right. Of course if she were facing left she would reverse it, like in the my photo.

I learned this years ago when my sister won Miss Teenage Pennsylvania. I call it the Miss America pose.
It turns her hips and shoulders just the right amount.

THANK YOU GREG! As is, I just got a call to be a 2nd shooter at a small wedding. Dunno whether to run away or take a deep breath and go for it. I know I'll get to be in with the bride whiole she's dressing,etc. That should be fun - I've shot 1 wedding and that was my cousin's. She was a bridzilla for sure and a few other words. :eek:

THANK YOU GREG! As is, I just got a call to be a 2nd shooter at a small wedding. Dunno whether to run away or take a deep breath and go for it. I know I'll get to be in with the bride whiole she's dressing,etc. That should be fun - I've shot 1 wedding and that was my cousin's. She was a bridzilla for sure and a few other words. :eek:
I started out in weddings as a second shooter. I had so much fun, I decided to pursue it as a part time profession. If you're relaxed and having fun, the people around you will also relax, so laugh and have fun.

After she's dressed, try the "Miss America pose" you'll see it work.

I started out in weddings as a second shooter. I had so much fun, I decided to pursue it as a part time profession. If you're relaxed and having fun, the people around you will also relax, so laugh and have fun.

After she's dressed, try the "Miss America pose" you'll see it work.
For what it's worth, I kinda had fun doing my cousin's wedding. Just wish she would have been more cooperative. It will be fun - and since it's small and I'm not the main photographer, the pressure is off.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom