Hoyt Statue

A statue honoring **** & Rick Hoyt was donated to the Town of Hopkinton (where the Boston Marathon starts) this spring. Google **** or Rick Hoyt if you're not familiar with them; **** Hoyt has run with his son Rick for years. He has competed in marathons, triathlons (including Ironman) and other events. A couple of pics from earlier Boston Marathons are included for reference. This year they were stopped 1 mile short of the finish line due to the explosions.

1. An older pic for reference...2009
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. and 2012

3. The statue...

4. The statue...

5. The statue...

6. The plaque on the front

7. The statue...close-up

8. The Center School, where it's located, right off the Town Green, near the start line.

9. The statue...

WOW! Great story and great images !! Thanks for sharing Chris. I hope all is well in your area, can't begin to express how I feel. Prayers to you and everyone in the Boston area and all affected by this cowardly, ridiculous act.

Nice shots Chris! I've watched **** & Rick compete for a long time on TV, its nice to see your shots of them and the statue too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW! Great story and great images !! Thanks for sharing Chris. I hope all is well in your area, can't begin to express how I feel. Prayers to you and everyone in the Boston area and all affected by this cowardly, ridiculous act.
Thanks Bill, crazy developments overnight/today

Nice shots Chris! I've watched **** & Rick compete for a long time on TV, its nice to see your shots of them and the statue too.
Thanks Steve...quite an inspirational family.

Chris, nice fitting tribute...my heart goes out to everyone in the Boston area.
We must remember that athletes are people first, dealing with whatever is thrown at them...as are all of us.

Regards,

**** is 72 years on the calendar. (I refuse to say old). He has slowed down a bit but is still going strong. I was shooting a triathlon last year where they competed. For the swim he pushes Rick, while swimming, in a specially designed boat. There is assistance getting Rick in and out of the boat. I did not see them on the bike portion as I was assigned to photograph the water exit and then the finish line then the road race portion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes indeed, here are shots of the boat and bike...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom