1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HP DreamColor 24" monitor

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Lfnggull, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Lfnggull

Lfnggull

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm considering purchasing this DreamColor monitor. It says that to take full advantage of the colors on this monitor I'd need a 10 bit video card. Does anybody know anything about 10bit video cards? I'm looking for names of cards so I can shop around. I'm also wondering if my PC could accomodate one. Can you tell me how to tell? Thanks for any insight.

2. I read a review about it where the tester went to an HP event to see the monitor in action - HP had set it up with an ATI card, I don't know which model though.

Sean

3. Lfnggull

Lfnggull

Dec 1, 2006
    Thanks Sean
    I'll do a search on ATI. Did the review impress you?

4. Yeah, it was interesting....they said it was displayed next to a 23" Apple Cinema Display and that it looked brighter and more vibrant, but they also said the HP looked too red with skin tones. I would have a hard time spending that much without a good hands-on experience.

Sean

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.