1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HP w2207 monitor color calibration problems

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by sbrian28, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sbrian28

sbrian28

Sep 22, 2008
    Indiana
    I have an HP w2207 monitor and the Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter. I have been trying to calibrate my monitor so my prints from Mpixpro match the monitor. I have calibrated to within the i1 specs based on a 5000 white point, 2.2 gamma and other Mpixpro specs. After doing this and comparing it to their prints, my red, green, blue and yellow all look more neon and fluorescent than the print. I am sure the print is correct and the neon looking colors are not. The skin tones are pretty close but the color block test charts are quite off. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on an HP Media Center PC, 2.4 GHZ core 2 quad-core, 4 GB ram. Any thoughts why the screen still looks wrong? Is this monitor not very good? Could it be my colorimeter (it's only about 1.5 years old)?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.