HP4+ (Expired)

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by NikonConvert, Jul 10, 2007.

1. NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey Everyone,

Well I finally managed to motivate myself enough to finish off the 6th roll through the camera. I started this while my sister and niece were visiting from the UK but took me well over a month to finish this =(.

All these images are taken around Amsterdam on a Nikon F100 with the 50mm F:1.4 on expired Ilford 125 (HP4 Plus) and scanned on am Epson Perfection V700 Photo. The film was kindly donated by my good friend Steven Tjoe.

Taken on a bike ride in the evening. Trying to use up the last few image on the roll of film after a long period of dead motivation for photography. I almost didn't take this because I thought it wouldn't come out very well, it turned out to be my favorite of the roll... typical, very happy I took it now =).

View attachment 105052

After dropping my sister and niece off at Schipol airport I wandered around taking some photos. I couldn't resist this reflection off the ceiling, so pretty =)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  2. I like the look you have here. Bummer about the bike.

In particular the shiny surfaces in the escalator shot.
  3. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Cool how the photos we think about least, look the best.

I especially like the way the light reflects off that ceiling! And although I am often disappointed by photos where the pretty girls are looking the other way, this one is cool.
  4. NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Thank you Beezle and Chris =). I really wish it hadn't taken me so long to get through this film, now that I can see the results I wish I had taken more but I do now have 3 more films being processed (Velvia 50, Neopan 1600, Kodak E100 (Expired)). Ipick those up tomorrow so I'm really looking foward to that =)
  5. We are headed to Amsterdam in August. Can you suggest any interesting locations for photo's? Your shots are good. I'm also a film guy. I shoot B&W and IR. Could you recommend the best time to shoot the streets?
  6. These are great! I really like the motorcycle one. It does look like an accident no one cares about.
  7. Good stuff! Isn't it ironic how shots done to finish a roll often turn out well?
  8. NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks to Greg and Ray for the kind comments =)

Hehe, This is the first time I have noticed it but it is only my 6th roll. I hope it happens more often =). I am finding B&W much more interesting than colour at the moment.

The lighting coming through the buildings in the city is really nice when the sun is low, at the moment it's around 8am/8pm but this may change a little by August. As far as locations go I suggest going off the main streets as much as possible. The city is very compact but it's amazing how the streets running parallel to the really busy ones can be ultra quiet. As far as points of interest go they're kinda everywhere but you wont have to walk far because everything is so close together. If you are going to try this a little further out of the city I highly suggest a good map because Amsterdam is circular rather than in blocks which will cause you to loose your bearings very easily.

Good Luck and happy shooting =)