HP5 in a Holga

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Woman with development error
    [​IMG]

Envision
    [​IMG]

Jes, Kis, Vic
    [​IMG]

Peace, man.
    [​IMG]

V1tali doin' his thing and (pardon my repost) Vic-vic
    [imgn]http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/images/photos/film/holga/v1tali.jpg[/imgn][imgn]http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/images/photos/film/pc/vikvik.jpg[/imgn]

Comments and criticism are welcome.

2. These look good! Did you mention the developer? I wish we all used Epson scanners, then could share the raw histogram of what the scanner sees on the first pass. Might help explain if you are developing the film better or scanning it better.

In any case it gives me hope for the HP5 I have left. Er wait do I detect flash?

I need to try this 35 in a Holga trick.

My fave is the last one. It works in a perpendicular sort of way.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    A flash, yes. An SB50DX on the Holga's shoe, fired at full power. And developed in hc110, dilution b for 5 and a half minutes at 68°F.

Thanks - the last one is my favorite too. It was overexposed, so it looks different because I used a different curve to scan it. I had posted it on a Holga forum yesterday, so Ned has seen that one already.

4. I think Vic-Vic is too cool!

Oh, and GREAT Holga forum!

5. Yes, Viv-vic is great.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Greg and Ned. I like that one a lot, and I hope to show it to the subject, who has an unnatural fear of being photographed, later today. I hope it will help her overcome that fear by approaching her portrait in this - what is it, cubist? - setting. She likes cats too.