HP5 Rocks!

R

Removed User 2

Guys, each and every single HP5 shot I scan (from my old shots) is just breath taking. The tonality and grain are out of this world. I'm not sure if Ilford changed their HP5 recipe over time (Kodak has killed its line this way! :mad: ) but if they didn't, you're in for a major B&W treat!

I don't understand how I forgot Ilford HP5 was so good.

R

Removed User 2

Ray, I swear it's all Tri-X is supposed to be.

Here are some, Ray! And I'll post more and more in the forum, as soon as I scan more.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ned, looks good! I dug around and found the one and only roll of 35mm HP5 I ever shot! Here's one from that roll (two of the kids at the playground) -

As soon as I get some developing equipment together, I'll definitely give it a try! :smile:

R

Removed User 2

Ray,
Your image is great great great!

John,
Yes, the contrast is there. I definitely like HP5 and especially since Ilford is totally commited to B&W (as opposed to Kodak), I think it's just fair to start sponsoring them IMHO.

Some more HP5+ from me;

HP5+ in the Canonet QL19 GIII, developed as the previous shots.

When you say "It's everything Tri-X should be", Ned, how do you think Tri-X is different in terms of the image? I have the chance of picking up some Tri-X at a very good price, hence the reason for asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom