HP5 shows part of Trondheim

I just developed a new roll of HP5, the last one (marina pictures) was prossesed for 11 min. in 1:6 Aculux. This time I prossesed it for 17 min. in 1:9, wich i think gave less grain and better quality on the pictures, all shot with the nikkor 50 f/1.4.

1. Gamle bybro and Nidarosdomen
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Nidarosdomen cathedral

3. Details from a tombestone

4. and a graveyard fence

5. Tormod and me are not the only one shooting film in Trondheim, anyone know what kamera this is?

Ciao
thanks for the pictures, maybe just the first is a bit too dark, the others are fine. About your question, I think it's a kind of LF camera but I couldn't imagine which. I'd be interested in seeing something inside the cathedral... church interiors are always nice to enjoy, especially when different styles are applied in different parts of the world. Is it a catholic or (more likely, seen the area) protestant one? Or started catholic and then turned protestant by the centuries?

The camera looks like a 5x7, but it is hard to tell, I certainly think it is larger than 4x5.
I really like the 'Graveyard Fence'...I love those kinds of shots! Well done!:smile:

Ciao
thanks for the pictures, maybe just the first is a bit too dark, the others are fine. About your question, I think it's a kind of LF camera but I couldn't imagine which. I'd be interested in seeing something inside the cathedral...
Thanks Dino, the first one is to dark because I exposed at the sky, but now I know better next time :wink: The cathedral are very nice inside, and I will try to make som pictures for you, guess I need an iso 3200 since it´s quite dark in there?

Nice series. I like the detail of 2, 3 and 4. As far as the camera, it looks pretty heavy.
nice series! i really like #2. thanks for sharing
Thanks Ray and Roman!

The camera looks like a 5x7, but it is hard to tell, I certainly think it is larger than 4x5.
I really like the 'Graveyard Fence'...I love those kinds of shots! Well done!:smile:
I´ll ask the photographer next time I see him, and thank you for the graveyard fence comment Tim, I like it too! :smile:

These turned out great! 1,2, and 4 are my faves, in 4 I really like the soap bubble bokeh
behind the iron fence detail.
Thanks again Bill! The bokeh was in my mind when I looked for an angel to make the shot, and the 50 f/1.4 wide open did it again :biggrin:

nice shots!!

This might be a silly question, but I develop HP5 at home, and using Ilford perceptol i think it only takes 7:30 or 8:30 for the 400 speed. Is this time difference due to the aculux, or it it a technique to add / subtract grain? Using HP5 I have never had that much grain in my photos, they always come off pristine...

sorry if this thread jacks... feel free to PM me in response.

Daniel

nice shots!!
This might be a silly question, but I develop HP5 at home, and using Ilford perceptol i think it only takes 7:30 or 8:30 for the 400 speed. Is this time difference due to the aculux, or it it a technique to add / subtract grain? Using HP5 I have never had that much grain in my photos, they always come off pristine...

sorry if this thread jacks... feel free to PM me in response.

Daniel
Thanks!
About the HP5 and Aculux, I did wonder when I scanned the film, because I thought it had very much grain, more than I´ve ever seen in other HP5 pictures here. Since I now know that my FE2 works fine (looking at other shots), I know it´s my (missing) processing skills that make so much grain. I´ve only been developing for some weeks, and with more or less no skills with developing since highschool (more than 20 years ago), I got to learn the "hard way" by trying and failing, and hopefully learn some.

I discovered that I´ve been using a 1:6 (at 20 degr. C) mixture with the Aculux instead of 1:9 when prosessing the HP5 (like this developing sheet says), and my guess is that this probably made so much grain on the pictures. Can anyone confirm this, or am I making some other mistakes?

I love developing the film, but as you see, I got miles to go with the process and how to do things. One of the great things about the café are the possibilities to get good feedback and tips on what to do/not to do. So I appreciate your questions about the grain and the developing process, that might get me to become better with the chemicals, and feel free to use this thread to discuss in! :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom