1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HS football from Saturday night

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Voyager1968, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  2. nicely done Steve, any NR done in Post?

3. Nice captures. What settings did you use?

D300, 70-200, and sb-600 I suppose.

4. Yes, just some light NR with Noise Ninja.

5. D300, 70-200, but no flash. The first and third were 1/320 at f2.8 and 3200 ISO, the second one was 1/500 at f2.8 and 2500 ISO, and the fourth one was 1/400 at f2.8 and 2500 ISO.

6. Steve, that is NICE. I just shot some friday night football.. and i think i am leaning towards no flash myself. I think that the next game i will shoot a better mix of flash /no-flash and make my final decision.

great images

7. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Kurt

Kurt

May 30, 2006
    North Boston, NY
    Nice action, seems to be too much yellow in 1 and 3

9. I certainly am, especially if the lighting is good like it was last night. Some of the stadiums aren't so good, and I might have to use flash for them. I tried it for some shots on Saturday (none posted), but it didn't work out to well. I couldn't get the speedlight to keep up with the frame rate. I would get about 2 or 3 intermittent flashed shots out of a burst of 15 or so total shots.

10. Thanks for the nice comments everyone!!!

11. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Steve, these are very impressive with those iso's. I was never to get anything remotely close to these with my D300.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.