HS Girls Water Polo - State Champions!!

Real Name
Ken St John
My son's high school (Curtis, Tacoma) won the Washington State Girl's Championship in water polo last evening. The final score was 4-3 and it was a very close and exciting game. Their opponents, from Gig Harbor, had beaten the girls twice in the regular season ... the only two losses our team suffered.

Our son plays water polo for the high school boy's team (as well as swimming on the swim team) and knows quite a few of the girls, thus I was "volunteered" to shoot some photos of the girl's games this season. I've posted some before ... but here are a few from the Championship Game ...

1 Our goalie gets ready to save another shot ...

2 Probably our top player looks for an opening ...

3 Some defense ...
View attachment 1192343

4 Our head Coach points to where he wants someone to be ...
View attachment 1192344

5 Another save by the goalie while her team looks on ...
View attachment 1192345

6 Victory!!
View attachment 1192348

7 Let's toss the coach in the water ...
View attachment 1192355

And probably my favorite shot of the night ... talk about being in the right spot at the right time!!

8 One of our girls selected as Defensive Player of the tournament.
View attachment 1192356

I learned a lot and plan to apply that knowledge this fall during my son's games!! I made a lot of pictures available to the team and the girls and their families have really enjoyed them.

Comments?

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Ken St John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very good, in tough shooting conditions no doubt.
Thanks ... I'm actually quite lucky. Our pool was recently refurbished and is clearly the best in the region. The lighting is several stops better than the other pools we visit.

I shot all of these at 1/500 @f5.6. ISO was set to Auto and most are in the 3,000 - 6,000 range.

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom