1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HS Varsity Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Oldtime, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    From yesterday
    The dreaded transition from ambient light to Stadium lights- colors always look so flat except when a few lingering rays pop through
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  2. Looks like you had a little bit of everything all at the same time, very confusing light. Loke that No. 3 shot best

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Brooks, I was not really happy with these shots== Light was all over the place sun setting clouds rolling in and stadium lights coming on
    Tonight Varsity plays at 5 instead of 6:45 so better light for longer

4. #3 does it for me too Mark, that transition must be 'fun'...

5. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Chris- The killer was a setting sun which would out of no where send these great rays of light as cloud cover moved in and out

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Some great light there at times tho :biggrin:

#3, 6, and 7 show some nice action. Be humble, sometimes your pics are just outstanding, not stellar. Deal with it! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

7. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Tim, I am humbled every time I look at shoots on this forum:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.