HSC and Nena

Well it is different to the D2h,got to get used to it,much more lighting technique required with this "X'
Pictures seem "softer"than with the H,think it's me still have a lot to learn
well here are the first results,rip me apart

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Awesome shots...

love the colors, detail and "expressions"--if dogs can have those...

Hans,

Just from memory, I do think that it looks a tad soft compared to the shots that you have posted in the past. I can't think of any logical reason why this should be so however.

It must just be a matter of getting used to the different settings required by the different cam. Ron's test shots were certainly sharp.... 8)

Glad to see Nena doing well. ;-)

Frank

Frank

I saw Ron's test with the X but I was on S mode 1/640 auto iso.soft soft and soft,shall look for that what Paul wrote.

In full size thet are not soft!!!

Really nice shots, Hans. It does take a while to learn a slightly diferent processing of these files.Most of us are putting the 2X in "Less Contrast". Is that what you're oding too?

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I have it in less contrast

It seems you can get very clear shots without going to normal contrast with this cam, gives a lot more details in the shadows as well this way.

As for soft I have this as well. But it looks more natural this way. I did a test here and increased the sharpening and the contrast and it lokos mor epunchy, but not more natural I think, so I will stay with less contrast for my shots. I guess it is a matter of personal taste.

I think we will have lot's of discussions about this topic. The eye is infinitely better then the camera on catching nuances etc. My initial finding is that I have shots from the D2H that appears just as sharp as the ones from the D2x, then you zoom in and zoom in and zoom into the D2x shots and you see so much more. I think we are going to have to experiment alot to gett hrew most out of this camera, and cheaper lenses wont quite cut it with it for sure - if one wants the best results.

Steve S said:
Really nice shots, Hans. It does take a while to learn a slightly diferent processing of these files.Most of us are putting the 2X in "Less Contrast". Is that what you're oding too?

Hans,

Think the first one is right on. The second, maybe a touch, tad of levels will bring that right up for you.

She is beautiful and so glad to see her giving your camera a run for it's money :>))

Wish I could have an X.

Thanks for sharing Miss beautiful

Gale

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom