HSC and Nena

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by hans, Mar 13, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Well it is different to the D2h,got to get used to it,much more lighting technique required with this "X'
    Pictures seem "softer"than with the H,think it's me still have a lot to learn
    well here are the first results,rip me apart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hans....you don't love that dog at all.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am the same way with our little creatures.... :D :D :D

She is a beautiful big dog!! :) :)

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Awesome shots...

love the colors, detail and "expressions"--if dogs can have those...

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hans,

Just from memory, I do think that it looks a tad soft compared to the shots that you have posted in the past. I can't think of any logical reason why this should be so however.

It must just be a matter of getting used to the different settings required by the different cam. Ron's test shots were certainly sharp.... 8)

Glad to see Nena doing well. ;-)

Frank

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Frank

I saw Ron's test with the X but I was on S mode 1/640 auto iso.soft soft and soft,shall look for that what Paul wrote.

In full size thet are not soft!!!

7. That Nena is a mover and a shaker. Good images Hans.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Really nice shots, Hans. It does take a while to learn a slightly diferent processing of these files.Most of us are putting the 2X in "Less Contrast". Is that what you're oding too?

9. I have it in less contrast

It seems you can get very clear shots without going to normal contrast with this cam, gives a lot more details in the shadows as well this way.

As for soft I have this as well. But it looks more natural this way. I did a test here and increased the sharpening and the contrast and it lokos mor epunchy, but not more natural I think, so I will stay with less contrast for my shots. I guess it is a matter of personal taste.

I think we will have lot's of discussions about this topic. The eye is infinitely better then the camera on catching nuances etc. My initial finding is that I have shots from the D2H that appears just as sharp as the ones from the D2x, then you zoom in and zoom in and zoom into the D2x shots and you see so much more. I think we are going to have to experiment alot to gett hrew most out of this camera, and cheaper lenses wont quite cut it with it for sure - if one wants the best results.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hans,

Think the first one is right on. The second, maybe a touch, tad of levels will bring that right up for you.

She is beautiful and so glad to see her giving your camera a run for it's money :>))

Wish I could have an X.

Thanks for sharing Miss beautiful

Gale