Hubble, Bubble ... Bubbles, Baubles - 1,2,3

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 22, 2007.

1. That's excellent, with the third reaching a climax and it'S the best of them all with all the out of focus balloons. Extremely nice!

2. What camera, what lens?

3. Ned, my friend, long time no see! Thanks, I used the N80 and 85mm f1.8 lens. First shot at f5.6 and as he spun around in the other direction I adjusted the lens to f4 as I wanted the bubbles out of focus! I shot a whole roll of film to get this 3 shot sequence.

ps - I hope folks aren't getting bored with kid pics but the little dude fascinates me!

4. bubble bokee

wow! very nice triplet
    perfect activity for these shots..rendering exceptional bubbly bokeh:biggrin:i'd be all over saying how great the tonals are and how great the out of focus regions are...but the subject lets me get by all that stuff and just enjoy a good set of photographs!

:wink:i think it is a 75mm focal length....obviously, i'm mistaken on the FL

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007

5. SLR huh? That's why I was asking. Those kind of images require expert handling if done with a rangefinder. Even masters would have a hard time achieving such images with a rangefinder + 90mm lens, IMO. That's a compliment, by the way! The third image is so well done!

6. Hey, Rodney, thanks and glad you enjoyed the shots of the weedy wonder at work. As for myself, it's kinda a real privilege getting to partake of his world once in a while. :biggrin:

Lol! How well I know! It's a real bear trying to track a fast moving subject with a rangefinder and 90mm lens especially at wider apertures. Believe me I tried last week with not so successful results. Hey, it's not that easy with an slr. I was constantly changing the focus point keeping up with him! :smile:

7. I like them as a series and individually too.

8. Beezle, thanks. I think I like the total series best, though.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They would make a good tryptich in print form Ray. Perhaps with one of the horizontals being printed left/right reversed.

10. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

excellent!

11. Good suggestion, Chris. I'm still playing around with how to print these!

Thanks a lot Mike. Good to see you hanging around again. Hope you've been busy making money! :biggrin:

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Considering the close living arrangement in Mike's avatar, I , uh, ... don't think it's (ahem) 'money' he's been making. :redface:

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

alright already (my best Pidgen).....Not making much money but, well...I'll acquiess to Chris' statement.....