Huddersfield & District Football league Div 1

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bluesmangraham, Sep 22, 2008.

1. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    I really like #5, nice work. It is so cool to see stone walls bordering the field.

2. Thanks for the look in Luke!, given the scenery when shooting, it is sometimes hard to remember you're there for the footy LOL. I'm thinking of starting a collection of landscapes to include my local footy some where within the frame! an idea sparked into light by diego garcia :). Kind regards Graham.
    PS where do i post them though :(

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Love that last one !!

4. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very well done series of photos great action and colors
    I love the stone wall-- way better than school buses or parking lots like we have here in America

5. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    that stone wall is cool!

By the way is the field really that slanted? That has to be a b**** to have to run on lol

6. Love the stone wall, now that is a proper pub pitch! No. 5 my pick

7. nice shots, I'm a stone wall fan too....and I like the shot thru the net.

8. topher04r1, Thank you.

Thanks Mark. I must admit this is a great league for scenery :smile:.

Mathew, thank you for your input!. Yes the pitch really slopes that much:biggrin:, one advantage though is, when most games are called off for waterlogging (regular given our North of England weather). most times this game is on:smile:.

Thank's very much for your comments Brooks!. The team that plays here has a changing area about half a mile away:eek:. this pitch is really up in the hills on an area called "the cliff" so you can guess how high up it is:smile:

Cheers Chris:smile:,maybe there's a market for a dry stone waller in the US? perhaps I should take a course, (available here in my area):wink:. I have to admit #5 was more good luck than skill!. The penalty was called and i was sat near the corner flag, so i dashed behind the goals just in time to fire off 3 shots! (this was in the last min of the game as after the pen the ref called time, so they where rushing,! however, the blues lost 2-1)

Thank's again people. Kind regards Graham