Hudson MA Ballon Fest Aug 8 and 9 2009

Ok there is the 5th annual hot air ballon festival held by the hudson elks lodge in Hudson MA Heres a quick lineup

530am sat aug 8th Cofee and bagles

600 am Takeoff

beginning 2pm family events

6pm evening liftoff

Dusk Ballon glow

Sunday events

6am takeoff
7am continental breakfast
8am meet the pilots

admision for sat morn is $2 children $1 (children 2 nad under free)
Admision for sat evening is $4 children $2 (children under 2 free)
Come for the morning lift off and paid adult admisions will receive a $100 coupon for the afternoon

No prices are listed for sundat.

Heres a link to The Flyer in pdf form

I went last year, it was a lot of fun. The foggy morning delayed takeoff (cuz they couldn't see the ground to land).

I thought I couldn't go, but now it appears I can go for the early AM, have to leave for a wedding CT about noon.

Are you def going?

BTW the address is 99 Park St in Hudson.

yes im def going, both the am and pm times

and yeah youcna bring the kid you get to get rather close to them. I would post some pics but i dont seem to have any of my crappy last years pics online, i cnat wait to get a chance this year.

We should all meetup somewhere

yeah, you coming again Gretchen?

BTW, the Boston Photo Mob is meeting @ 5:45, 'where the pavement ends and the dirt begins', basically, about 1/2 way from the parking lot to the pavilion.

Last edited by a moderator:
you cant miss me lol im about 6'5 with a long ponytail ill also have my motherand her D40 tagging along for the day, she is hoping to learn a bit more about the camera so if someone is willing to help she would greatly appreciate it!!

ok illbe there before 6, youlkl know me by the big ugly looking guy with long hair and a dunkin donuts or honeydew XL cup of coffe i never leave home without it lol.

well they were def running a bit early this morning, i pulled in at about 10 to 6 and they were alerady inflating balloons. I didnt see anyone standing by the coffee area so i went right to shooting. Was a great morning better turn out than last year. Ill be editing my shots when i get home from work (i think) so maybee i can get a couple up before the evening sesion. If anyone is still considering coming i highly recomend the balloon glow. It is really a sight to behold. Def need some fast glass thou as this is done at night nad flash just ruins the images.

hey Jim, missed ya, we're all good looking at 6AM :biggrin:

Put some pics up in the Miscellany forum.

Gretchen, you near the Quechee Gorge? Think they do this up there too. Oh, get the roasted corn if you are :smile:

Chris, We're in Ludlow, literally at the base of Okemo. Just got back from hiking around up there, and climbing the fire tower. Headed to Ninevah lake to kayak and hopefully seen the Loons (and their babies) .... and then off to Hops in the Hills for a few local brews. :biggrin:

Here's a shot from last year's balloon glow. You'll need a tripod if you're going to shoot it. This was shot at 15mm (14-24 used), ISO400 f/5.6 at 1/5sec

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

wow gretchen i must have bene standing 10 feet from you that night!! i was more in line with the trio of them...

oh well, i have to do some yardwork and then on to photo processing yay!!! see how many i get done before i head back. anyone else heading back or tonight?

I went yesterday to the evening take off and then stuck around for the glow session. I was a little disappointed that only 7 of the 14 balloons from the evening came back for the glow session, but it was my first time to something like this and I really enjoyed it. I never realized how little of an area these balloons need to take off?

When i get a chance I will post some pictures, need to go through them.

I will say this much there are alot of people who own DSLR's now, place was mobbed with photogs. I did get a kick out of the Canon shooters who had their white lenses on their crop bodies getting right up next to the balloons. They must of had a reason for it??

I saw alot of Nikon shooters too, spoke to one guy for a brief minute.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom