Hudson, MA Ballon festival (my shots) - evening shots added

Had a great morning, got to meet Chris (Aqualung) and Kriss! :biggrin: Hopefully I'll see them again this evening for the glow at dusk.

Filling the balloon
101415688.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An inside view
View attachment 237806

Heating it up
View attachment 237807

Inside the rainbow balloon (my favorite one, just LOVE its colors)

View attachment 237808

Field of color
View attachment 237809

Last edited by a moderator:
It started off foggy/overcast, but the sun did come out, and its been a pretty nice day. Weather forecasts make it seem that it should hold for the glow too! :biggrin: I've got a pizza dough rising, and we'll take a home-made pizza picnic along to enjoy.

It started off foggy/overcast, but the sun did come out, and its been a pretty nice day. Weather forecasts make it seem that it should hold for the glow too! :biggrin: I've got a pizza dough rising, and we'll take a home-made pizza picnic along to enjoy.

home-made pizza and a sunset balloon liftoff..... wow...
great combo
wish i still lived in SHARON..... where i was, many years ago

have a great night
i can't wait to see the images

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
I like the shot inside the balloon. For me though, the others are lacking something. I think it's maybe contrast and vibrance/saturation as well as sharpness. I think this may be more post processing than anything. Still dig the inside shot, though even it seems to lack a bit of sharpness. Did your lens fog up any with the humidity?

I love these, Gretchen. And I am with you...the rainbow balloon is the greatest! So beautiful.

Great minds think alike! We're having homemade pizza tonight as well!

I like the shot inside the balloon. For me though, the others are lacking something. I think it's maybe contrast and vibrance/saturation as well as sharpness. I think this may be more post processing than anything. Still dig the inside shot, though even it seems to lack a bit of sharpness. Did your lens fog up any with the humidity?

Hi,

No, no fogged lens. :redface: I have viewed these (after your comments) on two monitors here, one is calibrated, and one is not. One tends to show me things as more washed out, and even on that one, they don't look bad.

The copyrights look poor, I was experimenting with them (and have decided they didn't come out right). I see some softness in few (probably due to low shutter speeds), but the colors look pretty solid to me.

I hope everyone isn't seeing them as poorly as you, I'd hate to think that I had them adjusted well but the world is seeing them through a fog. :frown:

Ok, does this look better?? I added more sharpening and brought up the dark slider in levels.

Orig:

101415936.gif

Adjusted:
View attachment 237811

Here are two from this evening (we went back, it's only about 30 min away). :smile:

101434004.gif

View attachment 237813

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
Ok, does this look better?? I added more sharpening and brought up the dark slider in levels.

Orig:

101415936.gif

Adjusted:
View attachment 237817

Gretchen, those look 100% better IMHO, and was exactly what I had in mind in my critique (maybe just a very tiny bit oversharpened now). I hope said critique wasn't taken the wrong way. I just felt that the way the images were originally posted did not match up to the image quality the D3 is known for. In fact, they almost had a point and shoot cam look to them. MUCH better now. BTW, which lens did you use for the balloon flight over the water? Was it the 10.5 or was it the 14-24/2.8? The upper left balloon is a bit distorted, which takes away from the image a little for me. That's probably a rather easy correction in photoshop. Nice shots. Love the night time shot. I wish I lived near a place that had balloon festivals like Albaquerque, NM.

Latest threads

Top Bottom