Hudson Mass, Hot Air Balloon Festival -Pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Kriss, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Here's part two of the show. I actually took a break during the day and slipped off to shoot a waterfall. (that's a whole different story though). So on we go.

He forgot his basket
    [​IMG]

This was just a beautiful balloon
    [​IMG]

Heading into the sun
    [​IMG]

Getting dark
    [​IMG]

One
    [​IMG]

Two
    [​IMG]

Three
    [​IMG]

All three
    [​IMG]

Looks like a light bulb
    [​IMG]

The lonely balloon
    [​IMG]

Deflating
    [​IMG]

There ya go. That's my view of the Balloon Festival. Hope you liked it.

2. #2 is a great shot, and I like those 'glow' ones too, wish I had been able to get back and join you guys...

3. Thanks Chris

The glow was an experience and a half to photograph. Especially since I was right in the middle of the field. (Should have gone off to the side). Trying to swing around, focus and shoot in the 2 seconds the balloons were lit, was challenging to say the least.

I really liked #2 as well. That's probably my fav.

4. All are nice, #2 a a great shot, one day i will get a chance at some balloon shots

5. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Good series, no. 2 is probably the best, but I like no.4 with the dark blue sky even better.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kriss, you've got some gorgeous shots! I love going to balloon festivals. So colorful...

#2 is absolutely perfect!

Um...is that a shark in #3? :wink: (you thought I forgot, didn't you?!?!)

7. Great shots! Balloons are very fun to photograph. I saw the basket rig (if you can call it a basket) in #1 for sale at Albuquerque last fall. Basically a chair with 9 gallons of propane strapped to it. I believe it can be flown with a much smaller balloon. #3 was at Albuquerque last fall, its a pretty balloon. Oh, almost forgot, nice long exposure on the last one, I like how the balloon to the right appears to be 'growing'.

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    again great work man and thanks for the help with the manual seettings for mine!

9. kriss,
    awesome imagery
    these are really good
    i very much enjoyed them