1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hudson Mass, Hot Air Balloon Festival -Pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Kriss, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Here's part two of the show. I actually took a break during the day and slipped off to shoot a waterfall. (that's a whole different story though). So on we go.

He forgot his basket
    [​IMG]

This was just a beautiful balloon
    [​IMG]

Heading into the sun
    [​IMG]

Getting dark
    [​IMG]

One
    [​IMG]

Two
    [​IMG]

Three
    [​IMG]

All three
    [​IMG]

Looks like a light bulb
    [​IMG]

The lonely balloon
    [​IMG]

Deflating
    [​IMG]

There ya go. That's my view of the Balloon Festival. Hope you liked it.

2. #2 is a great shot, and I like those 'glow' ones too, wish I had been able to get back and join you guys...

3. Thanks Chris

The glow was an experience and a half to photograph. Especially since I was right in the middle of the field. (Should have gone off to the side). Trying to swing around, focus and shoot in the 2 seconds the balloons were lit, was challenging to say the least.

I really liked #2 as well. That's probably my fav.

4. All are nice, #2 a a great shot, one day i will get a chance at some balloon shots

5. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Good series, no. 2 is probably the best, but I like no.4 with the dark blue sky even better.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kriss, you've got some gorgeous shots! I love going to balloon festivals. So colorful...

#2 is absolutely perfect!

Um...is that a shark in #3? :wink: (you thought I forgot, didn't you?!?!)

7. Great shots! Balloons are very fun to photograph. I saw the basket rig (if you can call it a basket) in #1 for sale at Albuquerque last fall. Basically a chair with 9 gallons of propane strapped to it. I believe it can be flown with a much smaller balloon. #3 was at Albuquerque last fall, its a pretty balloon. Oh, almost forgot, nice long exposure on the last one, I like how the balloon to the right appears to be 'growing'.

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    again great work man and thanks for the help with the manual seettings for mine!

9. kriss,
    awesome imagery
    these are really good
    i very much enjoyed them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.