"Huge price drop" on D5 and D810

I have to say I have fallen in love with my d5 all over again. For a long time I reached for the 850 but now I just reach for the d5.

Believe I’ll go with D850....same auto focus as D5, more pixels, just slower FPS....

Rick - I have both and I like my D850, and while Nikon may claim they are the same, they are not. The D5 AF is faster and will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. The D850 is good, but not in the same league as the D5. The only area where the D850 exceeds the D5 is in Megapixels. In every other category regarding still images, I'd have to say the D5 is unmatched.

Rick - I have both and I like my D850, and while Nikon may claim they are the same, they are not. The D5 AF is faster and will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. The D850 is good, but not in the same league as the D5. The only area where the D850 exceeds the D5 is in Megapixels. In every other category regarding still images, I'd have to say the D5 is unmatched.
This. So much this.

I have to add that no camera has ever felt like an extension of my hand like the D5.

I felt much the same moving from a D3 to a D4S. Just wow in many areas. I haven’t tried a D5 but am always tempted to rent one. It has some AF modes the 4 doesn’t and I believe a new system as well. How could you compare D5 AF to other pro D bodies if you’ve had any ie D4/s, etc.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom