Critique Hulk (pet photography)

My sister-in-law asked me if I would photograph her pet dog, Hulk. Hulk is a rescue dog and is just about to turn two years old.

Of course, I accepted her request. It gave me an excuse to break out my studio lights (which never get enough use).

Here are some images from the photo shoot:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There were some challenges to overcome. Hulk wasn't accustomed to being a model, so getting him to position himself in the right spot under the lights wasn't easy. He tended to turn away from my main light. Hulk also has some defect in his left eye...so the main light had to be positioned just right for his iris to show at all. Finally, I was using a white fabric type backdrop...and it impossible to keep in clean. Every paw print shows. The backdrop is 9 x 20 feet, so it probably won't fit in my washer. I will be looking into solutions for keeping this clean moving forward...perhaps laying some sort of white slab on top of it.

In the end, it was fun. Hulk is very gentle and did a great job for such a young dog.

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Neither of my 2 grand dogs will sit for me. Both black and friendly. Lights? No way. Nice work, Glenn; A different side of you.
Thanks Nick...I really enjoy pet photography.
Great set! You did well! I especially like #3 and 4 because of his expression in those two.
Thank you, Karen...I liked #4 best because of the expression.
These are great Glenn.
Thank you, Walter
That's not a hulk that's a sweet baby. Nice shots Glenn.
Thanks Rick...he brought his Hulk t-shirt with him. We forgot to take some pictures with him wearing it.
professional grade
I hope Rich K. sees these
Thanks for the kind words, Randy
Could not be better. Excellent photos.
Thank you, Jim
Could not be better. Great photographer and model.
Thanks Allan...very much appreciated
Top notch! I'm referring to both the model and the photographer.
Thank you for the kind words, Mike
great set of photos, love that look in #4
Thanks Rick...#4 was one of the few pictures where his personality came through.

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom