Human eye f-stop, etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Here is a link to the information that I found interesting: Linky-Linky

In a nutshell, this is what I gleaned from the article:

Our eyes are equivalent to 324 mega pixels, an ISO rating of 1-800, 10,000:1 dynamic range, a 22mm focal length, and an aperture of f/3.5.

There are various other specs from other authors. There may be different interpretations of what I read on this page. I am not stating anything absolute. I was just curious and decided to do some research. This page seemed to make the most sense out of the ones I read.

2. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
  3. jmmtn4aj

jmmtn4aj

Apr 12, 2007
    Singapore
    Aperture of 3.5? Isn't it variable? Since our pupils dilate and constrict depending on ambient light?

4. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    This is confusing to me but one thing that i do notice is that at about 70mm focal length through a lens on my D70, my left eye and my right eye seem to match perspective and size (although my field of view is greater on my left, or open, eye).

Meaning that i can open both eyes and stare at an object both through the lens, and with no obstruction and it matches up.

5. Interesting

You never know what you are going to learn here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.