humane society

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by MikeR, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    These are all great shots Michael. I volunteer at our local shelter so I offered to take pics but haven't had the chance to go by there yet.

2. Nice shots and a great cause! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for helping out!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    How could anyone not be heart-warmed and in full of support of this facility after seeing these images?

Great job Michael. :smile:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It is to sad

Good images.

but ohhh my dear

5. Wow Great shots. Ilove the first one. It really looks like the dog is hugging her.

Sarah

6. If these awsome photos don't get everyone of those critters adopted, nothing will! Fantastic and heartwarming!

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great job, Mike, and a great cause!!

We adopted 2) cats in the past 6 months from the Humane Society. They are a wonderful addition to our family!!

8. yeah. we are having a fund raiser / brunch this coming weekend, with lawyers and what not, i think they came out really good. i just hope the guests feel guilty and want to help as much as they can. haha.

9. ive been volunteering there 4 or 5 months now. i racently adopted a pitbull / lab mix. he's an awsome addition as well yet extremely hyper!

10. thanks everyone for checkingthem out! they are getting presented this weekend, so hopefully its a good turn out.

11. Good luck! Those are some heart-wrenching shots.

12. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    Superb photos for such a great place hope they all find homes

13. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Mike you did an awesome job with these pics. If these don't get them adopted I'm afraid not much will.
    My current beagle Jax was adopted from a shelter and my previous one was as well. I alway encourage people who are looking for pets to go to the local shelters before they go to the pet stores. I've never known anyone who is seriously looking for a pet to not go home with one after visiting a shelter.
    Keep up the good work!

14. Mike, you did a wonderful job on these - that first one is a Bearded Collie. I used to have one - they're so full of energy and love - great dispositions.

These are all so touching - you've captured each personality well.

15. thank you very much! ive always adopted form shelters myself. some of the stories behind the animals are pretty sad and sometimes really screwed up (on the breeders/owners part) too. and working at a shelter can be tuff at times; getting attached is not a good thing lol.

16. thanks a bunch! i recently adopted a lab/pit mix. talk about energy! haha

17. Great shots. Personally I have mixed feelings about our local animal shelter. We've adopted several cats through them, but I've had bad experiences with them in regards to several dogs.

Lil

18. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Those are great.

19. ballz

ballz

Aug 13, 2010
    Alabama
    I wish they didn't have to euthanize animals... they should give them away unless they are ill