Hummer Frenzy Continues..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by MGlennn, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ...the migrating hummers are still at the house (almost a week now)...the feeding frenzy continues....10-12 at one feeder, 4-5 at the other....they care not how close I am and are extremely angry if I let the feeders go dry (which they do every day now)....almost got one to land on my finger yesterday...

Here are a few examples... :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I'll title this one "Get out of my way or I'll poke ya"... :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All with 300 f4 AFS and 2 SB800s @ 1/250 f11..... :smile:

2. Wonderful series. That second shot with the finger in it is totally incredible. All the hummers around here really stay their distance. These must have been really hungry!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Thanks Virginia...!! It is a strange feeling to stand in the middle of 15 hungry hummers....makes me remember the movie (The Birds)...glad I had my glasses on.. :cool:

4. Wow, you have caught a bunch of them with this series. Way to go.

5. Thanks Gordon...appreciate your comments :biggrin:

6. Cool series. Nice job.

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice series, Mike! I've seen feeding frenzies like that before and am always amazed how close they will let you get during those situations. Quite a different story when there's only a couple of hummers around. Thanks for sharing!

8. Thanks James...
    :smile:

9. Thanks for commenting Don
    :smile: it is a wierd time on the back porch at the moment :rolleyes:

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Nicely done #4 and #6 for me.

11. Thanks Ben... appreciate your comments

12. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    What an incredible series of shots Mike! I've never seen a feeding frenzy of hummers like that.

Neil

13. Thanks for your comments Neil.....it is pretty wierd standing in the middle of it all I can guaranteeeee :smile:

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent, excellent series Mike. I'm jealous. Did you use fill flash?

15. Thanks Frank !! :biggrin: Yes....2 SB800's....one at a 45 degree angle to the right of the feeder about 2 ft away and the other on camera...

16. Excellent work, Mike! You've got a couple of "mat, frame, and hang" shots sandwiched in the series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice work!

17. Thanks so much Uncle Frank....appreciate your comments. Actually you showed me how to do the frames a long time ago....thanks for that as well