Hummer from last evening and this morning.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PEPPER PETE, Jul 28, 2005.

1. I haven't posted any Hummers for quite awhile because they haven't seemed to be around like they were last year. This series is of a male watching his food source and He sits on this little branch and chases away any other Hummers trying to feed on what he thinks is his feeder. They are always dive bombing at each other at the feeder.
    These two were taken last evening with the 70-200VR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The third and fourth were taken this morning using the 300 f4 Nikor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure I'm happy with the 3rd and 4th. Just thought I'd share.
    Pete

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pretty little tiny birds.

. Just some cropping in would be good I think.

3. Oh how adorable. I love the third one.

4. Yup! 3rd one gets my vote, too! :)

5. I too vote for the third shot.

As for the chasing... Sometimes I swear that they expend more calories defending "their" feeder than they get from it.

6. I thank you Gale, Cindy,Kevin and Thos. I,ve been sitting all day since I posted the above pics. and have not luck yet. Maybe when it cools down more they'll come out again.
    Pete

7. Thanks for sharing this tiny jewel of the skyways Pete.

8. Thank you Gordon, they are tiny jewels of the sky. I just changed my Avatar after realizing my other one was missing. I goofed. Needed something new anyway.
    Pete

9. The little troublemaker heh, nice pictures Pete.

Martin

10. Thanks Martin, how is the hummer action up in your part of the world.
    Pete

11. There all gone, usually the adults leave at the begining of July and the young ones leave at the beginning of August but they all left abruptly at the end of June, I guess the were early this year so they left early also.

I got some pictures but didn't do as well as I would have liked.

Martin

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Pete. I got my first hummers about a week ago. I'm hoping to see them again this weekend. :wink:

13. Hi Frank, thank you for comments, I remember last year that I didn't get much action until about this time. Hope you get some great shots of the littlel guys.
    Pete

14. mfrank123

mfrank123 Guest

great job, i have been trying for weeks to capture these little devils and cant seem to get it right.

15. Hi Mike, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I just got back from being out of town for a long weekend. To answer your dilemma It takes a lot of waiting around the feeding areas but it will pay off if you can set up your equipment and be ready to catch them when they come in to feed. I have waited some days for a few hours before I was able to get a shot and sometimes it wasn't a keeper. Any ways good luck and when you do get some shots please share with us.
    Pete