Hummer Jumps Over the Moon

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Oct 13, 2005.

1. I took this picture of a hummer sitting up in an oak tree late yesterday afternoon. The lighting wasn't good so I used a flash and my 700-200 VR.

Then I used this image to create a smart object with a couple of other images to create a series of composites. In this case I tried to make the images like cutouts that one would place on a pasteboard. Combining them with different filtering effects, I came up with several versions of the same image. I combined them on a single canvas to produce "Hummer Jumps Over The Moon" below.
    iHummer%20ujmpsthemoon_collage385.
    You'll also find a larger version of the collage and one of the images so you can see more of the detail.
    http://www.beaucamera.com/featured15.htm

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    As usual Virginia, this piece is beautiful. But when I read the title, I was thinking about something completely different:
    [​IMG]

3. Oh, Chris, you've aced me! I think I've been hanging out with the "bird group" too long. Neat photo!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Thats too funny Chris! I actually was thinking of some kind of car (Hummer) flying through the air with the moon in the background. :wink:

Everyone here is so much more creative than me but, I still enjoy it!

5. Very nice Virginia....really like the hummer composite :smile:

Like Chris's version too :wink:

6. RedFox

RedFox Guest

Chris, good shot...I reckon that would be a great place for ALL "road" - and off-road - Hummers" to languish. (nice original shot there, Virginia).

Thanks for the morning laugh, Chris.

MaryE (NOT a 4-wheel Hummer fan)

7. Like Chris I found that your title conjured up all sorts of visions of soldiers driving a Hummer over and around the moon. I was not dissapointed to see your fine composite image of the tiny Hummer however. Well done Virginia.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005