Hummer makes me smile

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jeff Lee, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Well as some of you may know my 300 AFS f4 had to go to the Doc for a visit (after only about 25K shots), so today at lunch I took the 80-200 with KenkoPro 1.4 for a walk at lunch.

I think these are pretty good for hand held at 1/250 of a second:

The D200, 5 fps, and the 10 meg. images really made the difference I think over what I would have gotten with the D70. Missing my 300, but the 80-200 works well with the KenkPro, or at least I think so:smile:

2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Would make me smile real big and jump up and
    Beautiful shots
  3. senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Great photos Jeff. I just got my Kenko 1.4 in the mail today (fathers day gift) I will have to see if I can sneek it out before sunday. I also have the 300 f4 and the 80 200 AF-S. Is your 80-200 AF-S or AF-D? Also great Boken. Does the 1.4 regester correct F stop on exif?
  4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    No, your are one stop off. It's the "D". I only got the zoom for vacation. I take just the 12/24 & 200, plus the TC and Canon 500D - gives me a complete kit. The small (relative) size of the D and infrequent use made the choice easy. I got a EX from KEH when I traded in my 70-300.

It's a great all around lens and I find the focus fast enough with a D200 (I got one 5 shot set of the hummer before he left and landed on a tree).

Thanks Gale and Troy for looking.
  5. I know now why I don't do hummers the bar is set way to high for me.

Very Very Nice Jeff
  6. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Thank you Gary, but I'm sure given the opportunity you would do as well.
  7. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006

Try it with your 60, I use mine with a tamron 90 and it is very, very good.
  8. Jeff,

All I can say is ... :910:

I finally saw my first hummer on Monday near the feeder and the second one above my magenta zinnias on Tuesday. I was too shocked to grab a camera! :tongue:
  9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Pretty good indeed Jeff -- I'd be happy with those off a tripod. [I do need to get a TC though:wink::biggrin:.]
  10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very good indeed :wink:
  11. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Thanks C,B & B...for the comments.
  12. Very good shots Jeff, handheld, how sweet.

13. HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Jeff
  14. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Very pretty images Jeff. I have seen only one so far this year but it's still early for my neighborhood.
  15. Wow hummers hand held! On my walk tonight I hooked up with the local naturalist. We were watching some sapsuckers and kingfishers. Just in the corner of my eye was a hummer and potential mate. We turned an he was doing that "U" mating flight pattern. Thanks for sharing.