Hummers from last season

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PEPPER PETE, May 5, 2005.

1. A few more from last season. I sure wish these little guys will return soon. It's rainning at the moment and the birds are not flying around so I thought I'd come in and post a few more. Hope you like them.
    Pete
    Females showing off their colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the male Hummers that chases the others off.
    [​IMG]
    THIS ONE WAS PUTTING ON THE BRAKES.
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Pete. What kind of lighting did you use?

3. Pete,

Nice shots. I especially like the acobatics on the last one. I'm surprised that they haven't returned yet. I've seen hummingbirds already this year here in the BC interior.

4. Hi Frank,
    Thanks for the nice shots. They were taken using only the on camera flash. I'm able to sit back about 25 feet with a squeeze bulb cable release that I created. The D-70 does not come with cable release connection. I have since make up a way to use the remote function from behind the camera using a spoon as a reflector I'll try to post pictures of the set up to maybe be of help for other D-70 users.

Pete

5. Hi Dennis,
    Thank you, I wasn't sure about posting the last one. It wasn't as clear a shot as I wanted, but it is different.

Pete

6. you guys are killing me here. LOL.............just a couple more weeks and I will have a shot at these little guys, quite excited! Nice pics!

7. Hey Keith, I'm waiting for the little guys to come back this season in force. I want to set up more feeders in hopes to attrack them.
    Pete

8. WOW, love your hummer shots!! Way to go!! :D :D :D

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Talk about challenges.. That is something I would never be fast enough to catch.

Besides I haven't seen one where I live and can't set up any feeders.

But I sure love looking at them.

Wonderful work Pete. Yes the third is great as are the rest.. Differences in color is amazing.

Thank You for sharing. :>))))))))

10. Thank you Gale,
    I've been waiting for the migration to come my way for the 2005 season. I get great pleasure in capturing photos of these little acrobats of the air.
    Pete

11. Great hummer shots!!! The colour variations is amazing...

12. Thank you Sandi,

I've seen pictures of some of the Hummers from other parts of the world and they have some outstanding colors.
    Pete