Hummers from last season

A few more from last season. I sure wish these little guys will return soon. It's rainning at the moment and the birds are not flying around so I thought I'd come in and post a few more. Hope you like them.
Pete
Females showing off their colors.
8075337-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8075339-L.jpg

One of the male Hummers that chases the others off.
6635733-L.jpg

THIS ONE WAS PUTTING ON THE BRAKES.
6635736-L.jpg

Pete,

Nice shots. I especially like the acobatics on the last one. I'm surprised that they haven't returned yet. I've seen hummingbirds already this year here in the BC interior.

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the nice shots. They were taken using only the on camera flash. I'm able to sit back about 25 feet with a squeeze bulb cable release that I created. The D-70 does not come with cable release connection. I have since make up a way to use the remote function from behind the camera using a spoon as a reflector I'll try to post pictures of the set up to maybe be of help for other D-70 users.

Pete

Nikam said:
Pete,

Nice shots. I especially like the acobatics on the last one. I'm surprised that they haven't returned yet. I've seen hummingbirds already this year here in the BC interior.

Hi Dennis,
Thank you, I wasn't sure about posting the last one. It wasn't as clear a shot as I wanted, but it is different.

Pete

you guys are killing me here. LOL.............just a couple more weeks and I will have a shot at these little guys, quite excited! Nice pics!

Keith R. said:
you guys are killing me here. LOL.............just a couple more weeks and I will have a shot at these little guys, quite excited! Nice pics!
Hey Keith, I'm waiting for the little guys to come back this season in force. I want to set up more feeders in hopes to attrack them.
Pete

Talk about challenges.. That is something I would never be fast enough to catch.

Besides I haven't seen one where I live and can't set up any feeders.

But I sure love looking at them.

Wonderful work Pete. Yes the third is great as are the rest.. Differences in color is amazing.

Thank You for sharing. :>))))))))

Gale said:
Talk about challenges.. That is something I would never be fast enough to catch.

Besides I haven't seen one where I live and can't set up any feeders.

But I sure love looking at them.

Wonderful work Pete. Yes the third is great as are the rest.. Differences in color is amazing.

Thank You for sharing. :>))))))))
Thank you Gale,
I've been waiting for the migration to come my way for the 2005 season. I get great pleasure in capturing photos of these little acrobats of the air.
Pete

Latest threads

Top Bottom