Hummers up close

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 30, 2005.

1. Here is two shots I just postprocessed, up close and personal. with the Canon 500d I believe.........

2. Hey Keith, great shots, was it the 70-200VR and the 500D? You've got to get within two feet with that combo, your the man.
    Pete

3. Thanks Pete, yes it was that combo. My cheap way of doing micro ;-)

4. Just incredible Would love to give your setup a try at my place just hung two feeders so hopefully in a few weeks they start showing up

5. Okay, give. how in the heck do you get within two feet of a hummer and have it pose for you?

Really well done Keith :lol:

6. Hi Mike

It is an easy set up, cant go wrong. Try buying some color paper and paint your background, if you dont and you shoot, many times you will have a black background as your lightset up is brighter than the ambient light. Those shots are cool to!

Let me know when they show up, sure wish we had them around here, the entertainment value alone is fun, and boy are they small. LOL

7. Thanks Rory...

I just rented a large hummer outfit :wink: After 3 days of being one on one with them, they just got use to me. Day 1 and 2 not a chance............got to luv it when a plan comes together :lol:

8. all right, now I give. WTH is a huge hummer outfit? I can only imagine renting one of thos machines you get in that is full of money blown around...... except with hummers of course.... :^)

9. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Nice shots, Keith! I have never had much luck with the hummers. They are so mean to each other around here that they spend all of their time chasing the others away.

Anyway, it's past season now in Houston, so I think I need to take the feeders down.

Gary

10. Hi Dave......

You floor me, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
    If you ever come this way, you got to let me know, would luv to shoot with you!!!

Keith

11. Hi Gary.....

they are quite the characters, and as you said, they are very territorial. I could watch them for hours...............well the nice thing, their is always next season!!!

thanks for looking
    Keith

12. Alright, Keith........if your not on my OUTTA CONTROL list yet.................................YOU ARE NOW MISTER!!! Wonderful!!! :D :D :D :D

13. Would love to get together and do that Keith. We will see if we can work that out. Thanks.

14. Hi Bryan.........

roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
    thanks needed that laugh!!!!!

Keith

15. Dave

I look forward to it!!!!!! Banff and Jasper is awefully nice getaway :wink:
    Doug Barber is trying to make it happen............heck us rejects can make the western version merritt :? Yep, I like that! LOL