Hummers up close

Here is two shots I just postprocessed, up close and personal. with the Canon 500d I believe.........

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9704

Just incredible Would love to give your setup a try at my place just hung two feeders so hopefully in a few weeks they start showing up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Mike

mike mac said:
Just incredible Would love to give your setup a try at my place just hung two feeders so hopefully in a few weeks they start showing up
It is an easy set up, cant go wrong. Try buying some color paper and paint your background, if you dont and you shoot, many times you will have a black background as your lightset up is brighter than the ambient light. Those shots are cool to!

Let me know when they show up, sure wish we had them around here, the entertainment value alone is fun, and boy are they small. LOL

Thanks Rory...

hillrg said:
Okay, give. how in the heck do you get within two feet of a hummer and have it pose for you?

Really well done Keith :lol:
I just rented a large hummer outfit :wink: After 3 days of being one on one with them, they just got use to me. Day 1 and 2 not a chance............got to luv it when a plan comes together :lol:

Real Name
Dave Watts
all right, now I give. WTH is a huge hummer outfit? I can only imagine renting one of thos machines you get in that is full of money blown around...... except with hummers of course.... :^)

G

GaryW

Nice shots, Keith! I have never had much luck with the hummers. They are so mean to each other around here that they spend all of their time chasing the others away.

Anyway, it's past season now in Houston, so I think I need to take the feeders down.

Gary

Hi Dave......

dmwphoto said:
all right, now I give. WTH is a huge hummer outfit? I can only imagine renting one of thos machines you get in that is full of money blown around...... except with hummers of course.... :^)
You floor me, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you ever come this way, you got to let me know, would luv to shoot with you!!!

Keith

Hi Gary.....

GaryW said:
Nice shots, Keith! I have never had much luck with the hummers. They are so mean to each other around here that they spend all of their time chasing the others away.

Anyway, it's past season now in Houston, so I think I need to take the feeders down.

Gary
they are quite the characters, and as you said, they are very territorial. I could watch them for hours...............well the nice thing, their is always next season!!!

thanks for looking
Keith

Hi Bryan.........

PhotoDawg said:
Alright, Keith........if your not on my OUTTA CONTROL list yet.................................YOU ARE NOW MISTER!!! Wonderful!!! :D :D :D :D
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks needed that laugh!!!!!

Keith

Dave

dmwphoto said:
Would love to get together and do that Keith. We will see if we can work that out. Thanks.
I look forward to it!!!!!! Banff and Jasper is awefully nice getaway :wink:
Doug Barber is trying to make it happen............heck us rejects can make the western version merritt :? Yep, I like that! LOL

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom