Hummers...

A couple that I got today... also learning to photograph these boogers!!

Two different pictures.

79898773.kMvYqXbh.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

79898867.MYF1biv0.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see them both :cool:
As I'm several thousand miles from the nearest wild hummingbird I'm always jealous of shots like these. I prefer the colour to the B&W - I always do for bird photos. I think the second might look better with a gentler crop, giving a little more space above and in front of the bird; this would get the eye nearer to the centre of the image and give a stronger composition.

Alan

S

sweetpea

What shutter speed are you using and are you also using flash.

I see them both :cool:
As I'm several thousand miles from the nearest wild hummingbird I'm always jealous of shots like these. I prefer the colour to the B&W - I always do for bird photos. I think the second might look better with a gentler crop, giving a little more space above and in front of the bird; this would get the eye nearer to the centre of the image and give a stronger composition.

Alan

Thanks Alan, still working on my compostion to.

What shutter speed are you using and are you also using flash.

Hello Sweetpea,

I had my D200 set on shutter priority @ 1/800th with a flash on the B&W, and 1/800th w/o flash on the color photo. I was using my Nikon 300f4. If I remember correctly, both of these were 50% crops.

Thanks for checking.

I had my D200 set on shutter priority @ 1/800th with a flash on the B&W, and 1/800th w/o flash on the color photo. I was using my Nikon 300f4. If I remember correctly, both of these were 50% crops.

Thanks for checking.

Very nice shots, I plan on setting up a feeder this weekend to attract the local hummers. Forgive my ignorance but what is a "B&W"? Also did you get these hand held or off a tripod.

Hi George,

Nice shots.

your focus is dead on on the B&W. But why shoot a hummer in B&W? I'm not sure I get it.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

Very nice shots, I plan on setting up a feeder this weekend to attract the local hummers. Forgive my ignorance but what is a "B&W"? Also did you get these hand held or off a tripod.

Tony,

Thanks for checking them out. This humming bird thing is new to me, but having fun with it. B&W=black and white.

These were off my tripod, with my MC30 remote trigger, about 10 feet away.

Hi George,

Nice shots.

your focus is dead on on the B&W. But why shoot a hummer in B&W? I'm not sure I get it.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

Thanks for checking them out Lil. I was trying out a B&W PP technique, and, why not?

Hi again....

Thanks for checking them out Lil. I was trying out a B&W PP technique, and, why not?

You're right, why not B&W. Guess that since I feed about 30+ of them all the time I am just so used to seeing them in color. Never really entered my mind to shoot them B&W.

Just keep shooting them - they are so much fun & sometimes forget to shoot & just stand & stare at them in wonder. Such amazing little aerial acrobats. I just love them.

Thanks for sharing & keep up the good work.

Lil:smile:

17 & 21 are wall hangers. Nice images. Went to Pbase, still can't see them here.

Thanks for checking them out Jeff, I don't know what is going on. I had my daughter check from her computer and she showed x's also.

I'll figure it out somehow.

Latest threads

Top Bottom